What's new

"Diamond Collection" at Overstock.com

I ordered a few of the "Diamond Collection" colognes from Overstock.com, and although they are cheap ($7-10 for 3.4oz) and "imitation scents" (which I don't prefer, but I'm on the budget of a 16 year old high school student) and liked them quite a bit. More importantly, my girlfriend liked them. I was wondering if anyone else has tried these, or similar cheap cologne "imitation scents", and just wanted to alert all you good people to the deal that I think these are.

I've tried a couple of imitation scents and didn't have any luck. As long as you and, more importantly, your lady like them, keep using them. Welcome to B&B. I have found that Perry Ellis make very nice budget scents, I have three in my rotation, PE M, PE Man, and PE 360. Places like TJ Maxx and Marshall's are good places to pick up fragrances at a good price.

Last edited:
I have tried a few of the imitation scents here and there. In general, they have reduced longevity compared with the real thing, and they have a tendency not to morph from top notes, middle notes, and base notes as the real thing does. In other words the scent remains the same throughout.

If you are happy with them, then by all means continue to use them, however, I think you can score much better scents, and for not a whole lot more coin.

Avon often has sales making their colognes as little as $12 per 3.4oz, and Bath and Body Works (who's signature men's collection is quite good) sells their men's colognes for as little as $15 for 3.4oz if you catch them during a Buy One Get One Free Sale.

I would check your local Big Lots too. Recent scores were a bottle of Halston Z-14 for $4.50, and a bottle of Paco Rabanne for $10.

Perfumania often has deep discounts too, I recently scored bottles of the quite good "Cuba Paris" colognes for $4 each.

Thanks for the tips and I'll definitely check out Avon and Bath and Body works and Perry Ellis, as well as Big Lots. I have noticed that the scents do not last for as long as I'd like.

They look to be around $10 each on Overstock. Some of the fragrances they are supposed to be cloning are only $15-$20 for the real thing.

Top Bottom