What's new

DG Bullets (WI) halts production due to substandard Hi-Tek coatings

Aw, man. :blue:

On their homepage:

NOTICE;
Due to unforeseen circumstances we have temporarily halted production because of receiving a bad batch of HiTek Coating.(A entire shipment) We are working diligently to resolve this problem. Unfortunately we don’t have a timeline when this will be resolved. We will do our best to keep you updated. We appreciate your patience and understanding along with your support! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We take pride in our product and its quality and want to reassure our customers they are receiving the highest quality product.

Bad enough that demand caused wait time to be extended 5 weeks from 1 week and now this.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FYI this halt in production was first announced on 6/29/21.

A FB post on 7/15/21 says a rep. from Hi-Tek has been in-house working with DG staff to come up with a solution.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hmh, got some of their green coated 39/357 end of last year. Looks like their coating is fine. Got some 45 about two years ago and needed to completely change my OAL since they would not feed in my H&K....I think the profile was much different from the pills I normally use (PD and some ACME) - needed to make them very short.

Hmh, got some of their green coated 39/357 end of last year. Looks like their coating is fine. Got some 45 about two years ago and needed to completely change my OAL since they would not feed in my H&K....I think the profile was much different from the pills I normally use (PD and some ACME) - needed to make them very short.

The coatings issue they're experiencing is only very recent judging by their postings to FB and I applaud them for being open about it...and doing something about it.

As for your OAL issues: I don't buy RN powder coated bullets anymore and have since switched to anything "conical" (cone nose, flat point cone nose, truncated cone). No more bullets biting into the rifling of tight pistol chambers.

About 2 weeks ago DG Bullets announced that they are again producing and shipping bullets. I placed an order for some 200gr SWC's (45 Auto) about a week ago as of today they haven't shipped. Nor horrendously in need of them but I do appreciate them being candid about their QC issues with HiTek.

Top Bottom