What's new

DFW Get-together?

So October 26th is coming up... anything planned ?

Planned!!?! Have you read through the thread? :facep:

I was wondering if we were getting close to the chosen date, and if someone would jump on and kick start this thing.

Congrats and thanks!

My vote is a Hard 8 do over. Gotta stick to it until we get it right. :lol:

Planned!!?! Have you read through the thread? :facep:
My vote is a Hard 8 do over. Gotta stick to it until we get it right. :lol:

Based on the experience airmech (Tom) and I had in August, with us being the only two B&B people at Hard 8 for the scheduled get-together, is it possible that either (1) Hard 8 is difficult to find or (2) it's just not enough of a favorite to entice people to drive to the north side of DFW Airport? I certainly have my own opinions about what might work (see post 477 on the previous page). Notwithstanding those opinions, I respectfully suggest that, if the object is to entice as many people from the North Texas area to attend as possible, whoever is de facto planner for this meet-and-greet might consider selecting another location that's more centrally located.

No disrespect intended toward the Hard 8 fans, but I've heard many times that a symptom of insanity is to do the same action over and over again and expect a different result each time!

BTW, the food at Hard 8 is outstanding!

Last edited:
My comment was mostly a, "Hey, anyone going to put this on?" :001_tt2:

That's what we're all wondering :001_huh:

Based on the experience airmech (Tom) and I had in August, with us being the only two B&B people at Hard 8 for the scheduled get-together, is it possible that either (1) Hard 8 is difficult to find or (2) it's just not enough of a favorite to entice people to drive to the north side of DFW Airport? I certainly have my own opinions about what might work (see post 477 on the previous page). Notwithstanding those opinions, I respectfully suggest that, if the object is to entice as many people from the North Texas area to attend as possible, whoever is de facto planner for this meet-and-greet might consider selecting another location that's more centrally located.

No disrespect intended toward the Hard 8 fans, but I've heard many times that a symptom of insanity is to do the same action over and over again and expect a different result each time!

Thing 1: The de facto planner is crowd source. :a29:
Thing 2: We can get low attendance and eat much worse than the Hard 8.
Thing 3: My out of the way BBQ suggestion is Kirby's in Mexia. Worth it. And then some. :a21:
Thing 4: Insanity is thinking there is a solution to not a problem. Those who wish to be there, will. Those who can't make this one might show up next time. Or not. So far, no one who didn't want to be there accidentally showed up. That we're aware of.
Thing 5: Suggest somewhere. Everytime we've asked for suggestions, we get crickets. So we end up back at the default places that we know someone will show up to.
Thing 6: David's BBQ? 2:30? Thought so.
Thing 7: So, Mike, we're down to rooting against the football team. Well, if that's what it takes. :shifty:
Thing 8: Bummed I missed the last one, glad I made it to the Dallas Pen Show, kind of felt like getting a do-over.
Thing 9: Saltgrass, but only if we can get the same waitress as last time, cause that was comedy gold there. :popc:
Thing 10: Looking forward to it, whatever it turns out we cobble together. :a5:

I agree with you on SALTGRASS and same waitress!!! Otherwise wherever y'all want and I will be there if at all possible!!!

Tom

Thing 9: Saltgrass, but only if we can get the same waitress as last time, cause that was comedy gold there. :popc:
Thing 10: Looking forward to it, whatever it turns out we cobble together. :a5:

Hopefully that waitress has put on a clean shirt by now. My wife keeps saying she can't believe how the waitress looked and acted.

For you guys in Texas THIS is the sale your more than likely to find that quadruple plated Gold double ring razor . I'd love to be at this estate sale/Auction! "Champ d' Or Chateaui s the largest home ever built in Texas, just north of Dallas, and comprises 48,000 sq. ft!"
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Hard 8 is fantastic. Never been to the DFW location, but always stop in the Stephensville location when going to Fredericksburg. Saturday is a work day for me, though.

To be honest, being canceled early due to rain sounds like a great thing. I was MVP one year playing baseball in school, 15 years later and I think I am MVP but wind up just hurting myself.

We got to the 3 round before getting knocked out this year. We were the last team playing in Johnson County. I Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

The guys in the Austin area had a meet-up on November 23rd that I attended. There were 7 or 8 folks there, lots of "show and tell", and great camaraderie. It was well worth the three hour drive from Richardson to north Austin - however, my three hour trip home seemed awfully long!

The guys in the Austin area had a meet-up on November 23rd that I attended. There were 7 or 8 folks there, lots of "show and tell", and great camaraderie. It was well worth the three hour drive from Richardson to north Austin - however, my three hour trip home seemed awfully long!

I'm glad you made the drive Ken. We need to start talking about a big meet up after Christmas. Maybe we could meet somewhere around Waco.

Top Bottom