What's new

DFW Get-together?

Near 175 and 20 is a ihop.near 175 and 30 is a Denny's. I'm sure there are more places to choose from. We could go to North Park and take over aos.haha

Dino's sandwich shop on Collins @ Arkansas is good eats unless yall want something more corporate.... or Old West Cafe on Little Rd near the 287/20 area.

I suggest consideration for a site in Grand Prairie, or North Dallas, close to public transit, or off either 635 or Bush Tpk.

i live in austin, and have not made it on one of your get togethers, and that particular weekend i will be attending a wedding in fredricksburg so maybe i can drive up for one in the future.

i live in austin, and have not made it on one of your get togethers, and that particular weekend i will be attending a wedding in fredricksburg so maybe i can drive up for one in the future.
Sounds good. I am going to try for every 6 months or so.

Absolutely, or Fountain Pens or any other items you would like to bring! There will be some stuff to PIF or trade. Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Tom

OKay. Going by the poll. 114&12, 35E&635, and 360&30 were the front runners.
At 114&12 I saw Corner Bakery Cafe @ 118 E. John Carpenter Frwy and Mason's Cafe @ 201 E. John . . .
At 360&30 I saw Denny's @ 839 N. Watson Rd. and a Boston's Restaurant & Bar @ 2501 E. Lamar
At 35E&635 I saw an IHOP @ 2825 Forrest Lane and a Dave's Deli @ 11830 Harry Hines

I just found using a map and don't know much about any. Any suggestions? I'll run another poll starting Sunday for a week for actual location.

I may or may not be able to go, but for the 35/635 area I would suggest Mama's Daughter's Diner off of Royal/Harry Hines. It's been there forever and last time I was there (several years ago) it was quite good southern home cooking with some great pies. I'm on the northern side of the DFW metromess but I don't mind driving a bit if I'm able to go.

Top Bottom