What's new

despondent

Last week I had the opportunity to purchase quite a bit of shaving & bathroom decor products. Now that the excitement of the initial purchase has worn off, I almost feel despondent in comparison.:sad: It's not buyer's remorse, because I don't regret buying any of the items. Its more like buyer's withdrawal. I think I'm going to have to go buy something so I can test this hypothesis!:a14:

Kyle said:
Last week I had the opportunity to purchase quite a bit of shaving & bathroom decor products. Now that the excitement of the initial purchase has worn off, I almost feel despondent in comparison. It's not buyer's remorse, because I don't regret buying any of the items. Its more like buyer's withdrawal. I think I'm going to have to go buy something so I can test this hypothesis!

That is why we have the SCORE Forum. It's a FEEL GOOD place.. Go and read some of the scores.. Guaranteed you'll either feel better, worse or perhaps the same... There's even a chance to let envy enter into the picture. It is an enabler of the SCAD Glands too..:lol:

I'm in the process of trying to track down a gold slant bar. After seeing a picture of Austin's Hoffritz (same razor), I am sure that this can bring me happiness. If I happened to find it at a place that also sold Trumper's, it would be a crime not to order some and save on shipping.

Kyle,

The key of course is to pace yourself; timing is everything

What you want to make sure of is that purchases are timed to arrive every 2d to 3d day--don't get yourself into the bind of having one shipment show up on Thursday with nothing new until Monday.

It takes work my friend, this kind of discipline doesn't come on its own. You may find yourself on occassion having to pay extra for 2d day air, but getting burned once or twice with this usually reinforces the lesson sufficiently to prevent further bad planning. Of course unscrupulous e-bayers who promise air shipment which actually arrives by ground will throw off even the best deliberate planner.

Chin up my friend. Drive and initiative always count more than material resources. With proper planning, you too can spend all that you make and satisfy the gentlemanly itch known as SCAD. :thumbup1:

Thank you, Kujo. I can now clearly see the error in my ways. I have been foolishly purchasing new products in groups or bundles to ease the cost of shipping and then lamenting the lack of excitement and newness in my shaving life for many days after products arrival. I can see now that the shipping costs should be absorbed as a replacement for "medications / prescriptions" and that I could even use these as a tax write-off. Oh how foolish I have been! Thank you, brothers, for looking out for my best interests.

"...and on the last day I said, "let there be lather", created lather, and there was lather; I saw the lather, and it was good" :a2:

Kyle said:
Last week I had the opportunity to purchase quite a bit of shaving & bathroom decor products. Now that the excitement of the initial purchase has worn off, I almost feel despondent in comparison.:sad: It's not buyer's remorse, because I don't regret buying any of the items. Its more like buyer's withdrawal. I think I'm going to have to go buy something so I can test this hypothesis!:a14:

Is this what I have to look forward to? :w00t:

"obsessis" was kind enough to send me a blade sampler pack. Now i'm buying different razors to try out the different blades with.
I guess now I have to buy different cremes and brushes to test the different blades in the different razors....:001_rolle

Give me a year and I will posting outrageous photos of the collection..:tongue_sm

I blame you all for this affliction :mad3: ,
and a big thank you as well for the introduction to wet shaving and the great tips..

Sadly, I'm merely in the pre-stages of acquisition disorder. Patients exhibiting moderate to advanced symptoms will progress to additional desires including but not limited to:
a/s balms, creams, splashes, sprays, etc.
bathroom towels, shave towels, towel racks
bowls, mugs, cup warmers, hot pots
colognes of various scents, & strengths (must have seasonally specific collections)
soaps to match all of the creams and a bowl/mug for each
CD player, satellite radio, mp3 player (must have one or all that are dedicated to shave use only)
cleansers/disinfectors for shaving equipment
deodorants of multiple scent and form (spray, stick, etc)
body talc, deodorant talc, shave talc
etc, etc, etc

Once moderate to advanced symptoms have begun showing, some patients have begun talking to their brushes and making cute little outfits for them. Once the brushes start showing signs of jealousy towards each other, the fur can really start to fly. Gangs begin developing and shortly thereafter warfare on the shelves is commonplace with many reporting incidents of drive by creamings. The crippled and wounded can/will be identified by their continued bristle loss after an acceptable break in period.

:mad: Kyle oh man this is bad ...really really bad....

I hope to controll my next buys, im like you it will arrive and hit me one 1 or 2 days inbetween... must plan better so everyday something joyfull will arrive..

like I can get help.. I think getting a shavemac will atleast help ease the pain or a SR brush..for sure I need something to counter balance the a/s and soaps. :biggrin:

Rene,

The commitment required on the part of the medical community to find a cure for for RAD, SCAD, and BAD has been sorely devoid of leadership.

Left on our own, we are forced to find ever more inadequate ways to deal with the cravings. That's why this is just a cleverly disguised 12 step program in the form of Bulletin Board. Let the rocks in our heads fill the holes in yours.

Some find quick fixes in asking for small samples of 1 ml colognes or dabs of shave cream the size of a badger turd that arrive in the mail. You'll even see some sad souls at the mall at 10:59 on a Sunday morning waiting for the doors to Crabtree and Evelyn or Body Shop to open so they can spritz on a pea-sized mound of lotion and whiff the odor of sandlewood creams.

So let's face it, the answer is not outside of us, it's inside each and every one of our lather-soaked craniums. Buck up, find a night job that pays well on week-ends (spraying customer's with Joop-enhanced colognes at the men's counter at Dillards or hawking free photos at Glamour Shots). Tell your kids, "no bikes this Christmas, papa's got to get a good shave." Earn that extra paycheck that can be spent at will on tubs of shave creams, razor blades in 100-packs, and bid up the price of those skanky old Gillette's on e-bay, so that you'll never, never again go without a box from UPS when you come home from a Saturday night at the mall. Your wife will understand when you tell her, "Honey, I can stop whenever I want, just not now." After all, you really are doing this just for her anyway....

Proclaim out loud, "I'm Rene, and I'm a Shave-Aholic"

Rene,

Listen to KUJO. He is wise beyond his years, and only with his help can you ever hope to survive a *AD outbreak.

Sure, everyone's a tough guy while their *AD is in remission, but when the poop hits the fan, KUJO's the man.

Kujo !!!!!!!!! Kujos to you your post is just insane Hilarious ! but unfortunatly the plain truth. Yesterday my trigger button got the overhand and I again won some EDT it will be posted in the Score forums.. oh what a dissapointment im to myself I told myself no more shoppings.... instead im already luring for a Aristocrat Silver razor and still a Fatboy aswell.. today my shave was really..really the worst i ever got I tried the 4 passes that Quenron wrote about I got about 7 Nicks... was just painfull to shave and I kept switching blades thinking the new Derby caused no..then went to Lords then to Persona USA which I got free with my Superspeed winning from Germany just one Personna blade man I disliked it so much it went into the trashbin right away the blade. I used GFT Sandalwood to lather and used lots of swirls to make a good lather but my skin just felt/screamed burn specially my neck/throat area worst shave ever ...

Trust me brother Rene, you'll have good shave days and you'll have bad shave days, but what makes them all wonderful is knowing that you've got enough creams and soaps, brushes and razors, blades and balms stashed away under the sink or overflowing from shelves to last you the weeks or months it'll take to rebuild civilization when the asteroid hits the planet.

Our biggest worry may be to figure out how to score enough water to wash off our brushes.

The good news is, we'll all have a marketable skill in offering services to our barbarian neighbors who will be busy hunting squirrels and catching fish to feed us in exchange for a good shave!

Suddenly I see Sunshine thru the day... oh wait that is real sunshine its getting near to full Spring and the easter eggs will be hidden all over the place.

Took a dare today another shave while I never shave in two days always 1-2-3 days a break inbetween. just the SS and a Lord blade. 3 Pass. didnt go crazy used D.R Harris Almond Creme this time..oh I love that smell.. 3 tiny nicks but not worth bragging about... im not babybutt but atleast look sharper then most of the poor souls at work.. except one guy that looks so slick he got himself one expensive electric razor our accountant and he always looks smooth..perhaps his hair colour is blond on his cheeks..but i dare NOT ask if I can feel that would be silly :w00t:

But hell if im not the smoothest Smeller soon with all the EDT /A/S EDP comming in... :biggrin:

Top Bottom