What's new

Desert Island

You are marooned on a Dessert Island, Now guys make a decsion no cheap answers here you all have that go to whether you realizie it or not. I know I would like to see this and it would also be a great reference for people to look at our favorites to try new stuff. Here it is, You can only have:
1 Soap
1 Cream
1 DE Razor
1 DE Balde
1 STR8
1 Astringent
1 ASB
1 EDT
1 Women
You can Copy and Paste the above right in your post to fill it out if you want.
Here are mine:
Soap: Tabac
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
DE Razor: Gillette 41 Old Style Barpor Pole Aristocrat
DE Blade: Feather
STR8: Dubl Duck Wonderedge
Astringgent: Em's Minty WH
ASB: Floris Santal
EDT: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne
Women: Mrs. Taz
Of course this was tough and next month it may be different. These are my Benchmark as of now. The Astringent was tough could not decide Alum or WH. Also that it not my benchmark ASB but I want the scent while it is still a great ASB.

Trumpers sandalwood soap, Peaso Extra hollow ground razor 6/8", DR Harris Sandalwood aftershave, would do me just fine. I never get bored of these. I wouldn't bother with a cream unless I was allowed another aftershave, in which case I would also take Musgo. That would be nice and refreshing on a desert island!

1 Soap - Tabac
1 Cream - Taylor's Avocado
1 DE Razor - 40's SS
1 DE Blade - Feather
1 STR8 - n/a (haven't taken the plunge)
1 Astringent - Thayer's w/ Aloe
1 ASB - Caswell Massey Sandalwood
1 EDT - n/a
1 Women - Mrs. G

1 Soap: Tabac
1 Cream: Cremo Cream
1 DE Razor: Merkur Vison
1 DE Balde: Feather
1 STR8: No thanks!
1 Astringent: Alum block
1 ASB: Mama Bear's Summertime
1 EDT: LE MALE BY JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
1 Women: Good looking and a great cook.

Soap - QED Sandalwood
Cream - Taylor Avocado
DE Razor - Merkur Slant
DE Blade - Derby
STR8 - Dunno. I guess my 7/8 Monitor when I finally get refurbed.
Astringent - Em's Cucumber Splash
ASB - Mama Bear's B&B Summer Aftershave
EDT - Penhaligon's English Fern
Woman - My wife ;)

Dennis

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
1 Soap- QED Wild Rose
1 Cream- Penhaligon's Castile
1 DE Razor- Merkur 23C long handle
1 DE Balde- Swedish Gillette
1 STR8- 6/8" Geneva
1 Astringent- QED DaVinci
1 ASB- Musgo Real
1 EDT- Blenheim Bouquet
1 Women- Mrs. Ouch

Now excuse me while I try to figure out how to fashion a brush out of palm leaves and coconut shells.

1 Soap - QED Fresh Limes
1 Cream - Trumper's Limes
1 DE Razor - Merkur HD
1 DE Blade - Feather
1 STR8 - none, I'd hate to accidentally slash an artery and bleed to death with no doctors around since I have no str8 experience.
1 Astringent - Alum block
1 ASB - Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food (if it counts as an ASB)
1 EDT - none
1 Woman - Does anyone know of any deaf, mute supermodels??? Just kidding, I'd take my wife. :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Soap - QED Sandalwood

Dennis
[/FONT]

Everybody seems to love this soap. I received a tub from Tim about six months ago. Apparently, it didn't do it for him, and I have to agree. Don't get me wrong- I love QED soaps, and find the lime and wild rose to be exceptional. It's just that I find the scent of the sandalwood very faint, and the perfomance not up to par with the others.

Just can't figure that one out.

M

modern man

Razor - Gillette Slim
Blade - Sweedish Gillette
Soap - Doc's Northern Dragon from Mama Bear
Cream - Erasmic
Brush - C&E Best
Post shave - Thayer's and Aqua Velva
EDT - St Johns Bay Rum (for the desert island attire)

+1 on Mrs. Ouch :001_tt1: :lol: but if she not avalible I guess I will go with The Bride of Frankenstein. :001_tt2:

Everybody seems to love this soap. I received a tub from Tim about six months ago. Apparently, it didn't do it for him, and I have to agree. Don't get me wrong- I love QED soaps, and find the lime and wild rose to be exceptional. It's just that I find the scent of the sandalwood very faint, and the perfomance not up to par with the others.

That's odd. I found it to be anything but faint...almost too strong. And I like well scented items. Maybe you had a dud?

Since I have to get to 50 posts by the 4th here goes.

1 Soap - QED Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint
1 Cream - C&E Sweet Almond
1 DE Razor - Merkur HD
1 DE Blade - Gillette Swede
1 STR8 - not yet
1 Astringent - Alum Bar
1 ASB - Baxter's of California
1 EDT - don't use
1 Woman - My wife of course. Just in case she stumbles onto this site. :rolleyes:

M

modern man

That's odd. I found it to be anything but faint...almost too strong. And I like well scented items. Maybe you had a dud?

Mine is just fine too.

Ouch, If you want to make a trade to find out let me know. Mine is just used about 3-4 times.

There's nothing faint about my tub of QED Sandalwood. It's the strongest scented soap I've ever used. It ever so slightly nudges out my other QED soaps performance-wise as well. I can't imagine Charles letting a bad batch out, but perhaps that's what happened.

1 Soap: D.R. Harris Lavender
1 Cream: Taylors Avocado (old forumlation)
1 DE Razor: Merkur Futur
1 DE Balde: Swedish Gillette
1 STR8: Dorko 6/8" Full Hollow Ground Singing
1 Astringent: Thayer's Lavender
1 ASB: QED Original AS Conditioner
1 EDT: Penhaligon's Opus 1870
1 Women: Mrs. letterk

Although many of these items change frequently.

Top Bottom