What's new

‘Desert Island’ scent

Ariana & Evans Monte Carlo for me. At some point you are going to get fed up with any scent, so might as well enjoy the beautiful smels while they still are pleasant to you.

Mine would be Phoenix and Beau's Spitfire, I never get anywhere remotely close to being tired of and/or bored with that scent.

I'm a citrus junkie, but I've been disappointed by quite a few that I find too sweet/cloying and those that smell synthetic/antiseptic (better suited to cleaning toilets than prepping my face).

But I've recently found my Desert Island Soap: Officina Artigiana Stay Traditional. You've got to like grapefruit to like this one, but it's got tons of nuance beyond any one scent, and still smells natural.

Well assume it is not completely uninhabited and I want to feel clean and keep local predators at bay.... I could go for arko to club them to death but I want to try to integrate and i assume it is warm so stirling glacial electric sheep it is....

Attachments

• 818E7A52-E354-4220-8349-FB8AF311D1FB.jpeg
    818E7A52-E354-4220-8349-FB8AF311D1FB.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 2

shavefan

I’m not a fan
If I could only have one scent for the rest of my life, it would be Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper. My all-time favorite scent.

Mike's OCBP is such a great scent, it's difficult for me to disagree. That said, I think my desert island scent would go to MdC Fougere.

I also really like the more subdued Tobacco Toscana scent from Santa Maria Novella. Bonus: the medicinal aspect of eucalyptus and camphor may well come in handy on a desert island :001_smile

Not an easy decision

Last edited:
I'm a citrus junkie, but I've been disappointed by quite a few that I find too sweet/cloying and those that smell synthetic/antiseptic (better suited to cleaning toilets than prepping my face).

But I've recently found my Desert Island Soap: Officina Artigiana Stay Traditional. You've got to like grapefruit to like this one, but it's got tons of nuance beyond any one scent, and still smells natural.
This looks interesting. Aside from the scent, how's the performance?

I wish I could find a U.S. retailer that carried it so I could avoid the steep shipping cost.

This looks interesting. Aside from the scent, how's the performance?

The performance is fantastic—slick, cushiony, very easy to lather, and great post-shave face feel. Truly as good as any of the soaps I’ve tried.

Maggard Razors and The Razor Company are the only two U. S. retailers I’m aware of, though the latter is currently out of stock.

I also highly recommend the only other Officina Artigiana scent. It’s got a very different profile—leather and tobacco leaf, a little animatic. Not an everyday choice for me since it’s a little dark. But great as an occasional contrast to my preferred fresh and bright citrus scents.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It would be that one I can't spell korrectly: Hasling Schmalfritz? It ain't got a lot of smell to it, so I could douse it with Brut cologne! Island chicks dig the smell of Brut!

I'll bet y'all thought I was gonna say Arko/Arco didn't you!

Ha! I told y'all I got class when I want to show it off!

Cream but St. James of London cedar and clary sage.
C&S Oxford and Cambridge
AOS old tallow Sandalwood

Desert Island? I'm thinking I want a great hot weather scent. I'd probably go with Stirling's Piacenza or Iced Pineapple. If the question is more along the lines of "what is your favorite scent", then I would go with Nuavia Blu.

Top Bottom