What's new

Desert Island or Holy Grail Razor?? Share your Journey!

After having tested 80+ vintage razors I have 2 desert island razors:

Gillette Hybrid Tech
Gillette Aristocrat British 4th generation

Wonderfully smooth and gorgeous to behold :001_tt1:

If I had to choose one, it would be the Gillette Super O4 gold plated adjustable. It's the one I learned on, the one we bought for dad as a gift, but my 3 older brothers and I all ended up handing it down. I still have it and it's in great condition (the black enamel numbers have worn off), which surprises me after 4 young men learning to shave with it. It is a great razor and it's got real sentimental appeal for me.

DE89>quitting DE altogether > Cobra Classic > ATT R2 and SE2 > Wolfman WR1 .61OC > .67OC > .74 OC > WR2 1.05DC > 1.15SB

Still have the SE2 since it was a gift from mom but haven’t used it in quite some time. My first Wolfman was eye opening and re ignited my love for the hobby. I followed the natural progression of gradual gap increases until I found my limit of efficiency/comfort. Since the WR2 has been in my possession I haven’t even touched the WR1’s. My current favorite is the 1.15 SB. I will try to keep gradually increasing gap in this head but the reality is that if I never had another razor I’d be fine. The results and the comfort is unmatched in my journey so far.

Top Bottom