What's new

Desert Boots

I’m sure that is the case.
Wow, returned goods? Yikes.

They looked sort of intentionally "distressed" to me, which would tell me that the manufacturer was not really getting the idea of classic Desert Boots. I do not even like the idea of distressed Doc Martins, but I do not consider them miles from the proper idea of Doc Martins.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Wow, returned goods? Yikes.

They looked sort of intentionally "distressed" to me, which would tell me that the manufacturer was not really getting the idea of classic Desert Boots. I do not even like the idea of distressed Doc Martins, but I do not consider them miles from the proper idea of Doc Martins.

I do agree that one or both of these items had been previously returned.

I also think that it was just a poor batch of suede, and that prompted the sale of this particular boot as the other Brownflex models offered by Huckberry are not on sale.

In other words, dump them.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
In these comparison shots, you can see the difference in the suede.

First is the Brownflex boot in the Stone suede colorway. The nap/texture of the suede gives a neater, cleaner look
IMG_8877.jpeg

Next is the boot I received in Tobacco suede. Note how shaggy/hairy the nap is, giving it an unkempt, shaggy and tired look.
IMG_8878.jpeg

I’m also including this picture of the Clark Desert Boot because this boot is actually called “Hairy” Ginger Suede and even with an intentional hairier texture, it gives a nicer overall appearance than that of the tobacco-suede Brownflex.
IMG_8879.jpeg

It’s too bad really because I really did like the profile of the Brownflex.

Oh well…. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
What is the difference between desert boot and chukka?

I’ve had chukkas from Crockett and Jones and from Good Guys (vegan shoe brand).

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What is the difference between desert boot and chukka?

I’ve had chukkas from Crockett and Jones and from Good Guys (vegan shoe brand).

All desert boots are chukkas, but not all chukkas are desert boots. Desert boot generally means suede chukkas with rubber/crepe soles, I believe. Somebody might correct me though.

Top Bottom