What's new

Describe yourself

letterk said:
I'm a tall, thin, and blond. Some say I look like Owen Wilson without the nose.

You dont have a nose ??

But seriously, folks..... My discription???
This might take awhile.
Check back later.

Sad to say, most of you have seen me w/o actually 'seeing' me. Why do I say this- let's put it this way: In certain portions of america, I will always fit the profile of matching the suspect's desription. Why??

6 feet tall, 205 lbs, bald-headed black male- nothing I can do about these facts(except to lose weight)-its the way genetics are. Does it bother me-not really because I know for the most part that once people get to know me, they will either accept me for who I am or choose to move on.

I cannot control what some believe- however, I am always cognizant of how my actions may be perceived and proceed accordingly.

Marty

htownmmm said:
Sad to say, most of you have seen me w/o actually 'seeing' me. Why do I say this- let's put it this way: In certain portions of america, I will always fit the profile of matching the suspect's desription. Why??

6 feet tall, 205 lbs, bald-headed black male- nothing I can do about these facts(except to lose weight)-its the way genetics are. Does it bother me-not really because I know for the most part that once people get to know me, they will either accept me for who I am or choose to move on.

I cannot control what some believe- however, I am always cognizant of how my actions may be perceived and proceed accordingly.

Marty

Ha! That me think of Chris Rock's routine where he jokes about the 'black suspect' description!

Here I am...

proxy.php

A rare picture of me in a suit, I don't have to wear them daily any more since I gave up serious but boring programming for the fun and interesting stuff.

Since Grey's Anatomy aired I've been getting compared to Patrick Dempsey on a regular basis. I take it as a compliment but McDreamy really needs a shave.
Cheers,
Jeff

Iwan said:
This is the only pic of me I have online, taken 20m down on the Great Barrier Reef at Christmas 2005. :smile:

proxy.php

Iwan!! OMG ! I am so jealous... I mean dude, you are handsome and everything, but I have wanted to do the GBR for ever and a day it seems...

um, nice clam....lol :rolleyes: :eek: :biggrin:

Mama Bear... rescue diver, PADI

NAG NAG NAG....:biggrin:
Guess we're all postin pics,
So, here's me at work (one of the many times I'm away from here!)

full

I've learned the Navy is all about SAVE SAVE SAVE....the aircraft I'm in is a "venerable" UH-3H Sea King helicopter; we are phasing them out for the MH-60S and apparently we are the last squadron flying the H-3, some of ours were flying before the Vietnam war....

By the way, Tony, one of our newer swimmers (not an OLD one like me...I'm 33) is a girl who looks a lot like Erika. Only we tease her she looks like a man, because she likes to wear her hair "John Kerry" short....it just doesn't look right....

John P.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Maybe I should hook you up with my sister...she works at Bell Helicopter...maybe she can "make you a deal"!

Randy

Alright Erica.. take this! lol Let's talk in 30 years baby......lol :eek: :biggrin:

Single and slaving away in the kitchen every night for men she doesn't even know... Mama Bear.... :biggrin:

Alright, I am going to go crawl under the bed again now...... lol

Ack!

Top Bottom