What's new

Describe yourself

OK... one more... at this hour I can't hurt anyone...

My brother Barry, got his degree in avation in North Dakota and went to AF Academy at Willies Field. He flew C130's during the gulf war. He did his 7 and then another one because of the war... 12 hours flying troups in and out. 12 hours sleeping in the back of plane. I have a video of him getting refueled by a 74 that is freaking awesome. I am so proud of him.

He flies for American now. He did his time and dodged every scud.

When we were kids, we used to take the Beachcraft over Lake Michigan, flyby Meigs field and look for airpockets to make my youngest brother throw up... and we succeeded every time.. the youngest brother is a lawyer now.... oh well....lolEdit... Barry was flying 76's on 9/11. I called him for hours before I got him that day. My uncle and cousin were at the Pentagon, My sister was on a flight home to SF from Europe and I have never been quite the same about planes since that day...

rtaylor61 said:
NO! I got my hair cut "short" in March for my daughters wedding...guess it's about time for another cut...my boss is giving me HELL!

Randy

My hair won't stay short for any time.....lol... It is almost down to my waist again...

But... then again... my waist is rising as fast as my hair is growing...

That's It! I want more pics of young handsome men now.. OK!!!! :drool: :sneaky2: :biggrin:

mrs. chefchris said:
I like the pic Sue. Your personality shows in your eyes. Is that a hint of mischief I see? :wink:

Yep, that's a great pic Sue! And, I can think of a few gals that would "kill" to have hair like that!

This is me :blushing:
proxy.php

slcsteve said:
John.....I flew 'slicks'. The only armament we carried were 2 M-60's, one at each door. The pilots carried S&W 38's in shoulder holsters and most of the time there was an extra M-16 that was "acquired" from various sources. Cobras hadn't made it in yet and Loaches were just starting to arrive. The gunships were C-model Hueys, generally armed only with flex M-60's/rocket pod combos. There were some other variations like wire guided rocket and grenade launchers but it was really primitive compared to today's ordinance.
Steve, you would be surprised. There are of course new things out there (our FLIR, hellfire, etc.) but most of the "new" stuff for us is detection and countermeasures,not armament.
Until not too many years ago we were still using M60-D door guns, (we only had one door, so I guess the other one is a "window" gun) which recently we now use the M-240. Same round, much more reliable. We also had GAU-17 mini guns, Same thing as the GAU 2B from Vietnam, except with a big hose to feed the brass etc. out the door. Same gun. We didn't have rockets or any of that, and most of our tactics and stuff were developed when you were flying "over there". Shackles, splits, bunts rolls, all of it. You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure.
OK, I'm done hijacking for awhile....:biggrin:
John P.

Mama Bear said:
Are you in Broadcasting Randy by any chance....?

I worked in radio for a time back in the '80's. I didn't have the face for television, although I did work some as a photog, also in the '80's.

Randy

Mason,
Holy crap you look familiar. You'd make a good spy, because I think I know 4 or 5 people who could be your twin, and have worked in proximity with many others.....
You could be anybody.....:cool:
as for that bit in the middle, for those of us over 30 I think that's the norm, not the exception. We're all working on keeping fit, I think. This stuff seemed so easy when I was 23....
John P.

JohnP said:
Mason,
Holy crap you look familiar. You'd make a good spy, because I think I know 4 or 5 people who could be your twin, and have worked in proximity with many others.....
You could be anybody....
LMAO
You'd be amazed at how many times I have been told I look like someone or look familiar or whatever. I must just have one of those faces. I've heard that all of my life.

I even once had an elderly lady tell me how much I look like "that guy, you know, the one on that soap opera". I never did figure out who she meant. :biggrin1:

As for the spy thing, well, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.

MasonM said:
LMAO
You'd be amazed at how many times I have been told I look like someone or look familiar or whatever. I must just have one of those faces. I've heard that all of my life.

I even once had an elderly lady tell me how much I look like "that guy, you know, the one on that soap opera". I never did figure out who she meant. :biggrin1:

As for the spy thing, well, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.
Well,
all kidding aside Mason, you do look familiar. As for the killing, I think my outfit grants an off day for being the victim of a murder.....:thumbup:
and by the way....you don't have to kill me. If you talk, your "shadow" kills BOTH of us......:wink:
Ahh yes. Another weird day.
John P.

Top Bottom