What's new

Dermalogica

Me and the wife went shopping at an Ulta in Pittsburgh (she shopped and I just wondered) and I stopped in the shave isle and I saw the norms Anthony, Zirh, Jack Black, but there was something new that I have never seen. Dermalogica. Anyone have any reviews of this or even heard of it?

Me and the wife went shopping at an Ulta in Pittsburgh (she shopped and I just wondered) and I stopped in the shave isle and I saw the norms Anthony, Zirh, Jack Black, but there was something new that I have never seen. Dermalogica. Anyone have any reviews of this or even heard of it?

What did you wonder about?

They have a hundred different products. What are you after? Balm? AS? Cream?

As with most brands, there might be something you will like in there range.

I've tried a few of their products as well as my mrs and we weren't impressed, BUT your skin will be different.

As far as shaving products, I'm fairly certain they dont do a traditional shaving cream or soap.

I have a couple Dermalogica products that I use on a daily basis and I think highly of both of them. The first product I use is a Special Clearing Booster on a couple of places I had acne. It has cleared up both of those trouble spots in under three weeks. The second Dermalogica product I use is their Daily Microfoliant. It is an excellent microfoliant that I use in the evenings. I have found that if I use a microfoliant or full exfoliante in the morning I strip so many dead skins cells off my face that the shave is somewhat painful. So, in the morning I use the Nancy Boy Mild Facial Cleanser and use the Dermalogica Microfoliant at night. It is not creamy. It is actually a powder that activates with water. As a result, it's important not to open the cap and expose the bottle's contents to water otherwise your whole bottle will activate. Just open it up, shake out a quarter sized amount, and apply to your wet face. Works wonders.

Prices are somewhat high though.

I have a couple Dermalogica products that I use on a daily basis and I think highly of both of them. The first product I use is a Special Clearing Booster on a couple of places I had acne. It has cleared up both of those trouble spots in under three weeks. The second Dermalogica product I use is their Daily Microfoliant. It is an excellent microfoliant that I use in the evenings. I have found that if I use a microfoliant or full exfoliante in the morning I strip so many dead skins cells off my face that the shave is somewhat painful. So, in the morning I use the Nancy Boy Mild Facial Cleanser and use the Dermalogica Microfoliant at night. It is not creamy. It is actually a powder that activates with water. As a result, it's important not to open the cap and expose the bottle's contents to water otherwise your whole bottle will activate. Just open it up, shake out a quarter sized amount, and apply to your wet face. Works wonders.

Prices are somewhat high though.

I use the daily microfoliant as well. It works well, like above was saying, make sure to not let the top get wet as it can clog the holes. I have also used the pre shave oil as well as the after shave balm. I have tried other pre shave oils and this by far has been the best IMHO. It has a different consistancy and scent (almost spearminty). The aftershave balm worked great as well. It was basically unscented, has a pump so one pump is more than enough to cover the whole face/neck after shaving. It was very soothing and didn't burn like alot of balms do. It absorbs into the skin well and doesnt leave that greasy sheen.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The guys at Pasteur's Pharmacy gave me a ton of their samples. I'm working my way through them.

My wife gave me some 4 pack sample and it was a mixed bag. I liked the face scrub and some preshave cream, but the shaving cream was brushless and the ASB was a bit heavy and I didn't think it absorbed very well. Probably wouldn't be bad in the winter though.

Top Bottom