What's new

DERBY USTA .... 10 shaves in...

Attachments

• derbyusta.jpg
    derbyusta.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 51

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I realize this thread is a bit old, but I just received 7 of these blades. Will be putting one in my EJ Chatsworth and using it tomorrow morning to see how they fare. The blade is completely unmarked. Only the wrapper indicates that it's a Derby Usta.

I bought a 100 last year on a whim. They are better than average blades for me and seem to punch above their purchase price. I think I like the Derby Premiums a bit more but it isn't by a large margin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
These blades work well in aggressive razors. I find them sharper than my dull Treet Carbon Steel blades (black beauties)

It's been my experience that they're not bad...I bought 100 of them a while ago and they're very good early on...but I can only get three shaves out of a blade before I start to see weepers that I don't think are user error. Good blade all in all.

Just got a tuck of these along with Extra and Premium. So far Extra > Usta. Will swap out the Usta out for a Premium tonight. The Extra's recently tried are surprisingly close shaving and smooth in my Tech's lasting a week. The Usta tugged and threw in a couple weepers for good measure 3 shaves in. It's outta here for now, will come back to them later. I'm bummed but it is what it is.

YMMV

Last edited:
Well this thread really has me spinning. Some love, some shade, lots of contradictions. I have a few of these headed my way and am hoping for the best. Incidentally, I’m one of the weirdos that gets good shaves from Derby Extra blades.

Circled back ;) to a Usta, 2nd one. Lasted 5 days of decent shaves. Started to get a little rough but nothing like the first one. They seem to be worth a try, but I'm finding the Extra's a finer shave and lasting a day or two longer.

I love my ustas. Bought 400 of them at 7 dollars per 100pack back in the day when they came out. I'd rate them up there with Nacet, perma sharp, and Gillette yellows, but that's my experience, and I understand if others disagree. I find them smooth and sharp. Longevity I don't care about, as at these prices, I ditch blades after two shaves no matter what they are. Otherwise I will never get to the thousands upon thousands I have in my stash.

Top Bottom