What's new

Derby shave sticks

It went out of production before I could try it. However, many stated that it was similar to Arko which has a great following here. From what I gather all the Turkish soaps are easy to use and produce a good lather, but tend to be drying. I'm currently enjoying the new Jikoryen stick from Turkey.

Can you take the shave stick and mush into a puck with your hands like arko?
I own both Derby and Arko shave sticks. As noted above Derby shave sticks are much harder than Arko and need to be grated. Arko is more malleable so can be molded into a mug or bowl, especially if you warm the stick with your hands for a bit. Aromas are not that different.

Both soaps are excellent with similar performance. Derby sticks appear to be discontinued, I got one over two years ago from Italian Barber who has since been out-of-stock. Grabbed another two last fall from Connaught who has been out-of-stock since late last year. If you find one at a reasonable price by all means get it. Otherwise Arko is likely the best value current production soap out there today.

I bought the puck a few weeks ago and loved it. So I bought a couple more. Then I found a 10 pack of Derby sticks with an Omega brush included on ebay this weekend. It was like $42 to get it shipped from England to New England.
I really need to join the June GRUME thread when it begins.

I really like arko, it is a thirsty soap, but I like it. I may get some of these sticks to try. What is June grume?

Top Bottom