What's new

Derby premium,how is this blade?

Better than the Extra for sure. Will try the next one in a slant, as that seems to bring out the best in those less than stellar blades for me.

Got 50 shave out of a Premium as opposed to six on a Derby Extra. Slightly less than average for me.

This is a thin blade and Yes it is sharper and it shave better than Derby Extra, in the smooth i can't help you very much because the derby for me was never smooth but I can just say that if the Extra for you is smooth i think the premium will be ok too.
For me just as I said before the Derby doesn't work very well so I prefer the Astra Stainless

The Derby Premium is a smooth sharp blade for me. Its close to Astra SP IMO. The new thinner/sharper Derby Extra are not shabby either but, I can't find out who sells them.

I got a few from try a blade and I have to admit it was pretty good. A better blade than Astra SP for me. Very smooth. It’s not going to replace the Feather as my go to blade but it’s worth keeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've been trying different blades and taking notes. I liked this blade...made in Turkey. Still have a number of blades to go through before making some decisions, but this blade is still in the running as a regular.

I did not find the Premium Derbys particularly remarkable. it seemed similar to something like a Wilkinson Sword to me, average in other words. You could certainly do worse than Premium, but I wouldn't expect too much from them. They're sharper than Extra, but they don't stand out the way that other blades do, at least for me.

Am ordering astra ss,maybe will get one pack of derby premium,theyre super cheap ,pack of 100,but would rather pay little more and get amazing shaves instead od just good.I think astra ss is what suits me the most.

JCarr

This blade is going to make the cut for me...no pun intended. My face can't abide the super sharp blades...but it likes the Derby Premium very much.

JCarr

Continuing with my blade testing. Unfortunately, the Derby Premium fell out of the running. It seemed to me to be a much different/better blade than the Derby Extra, but in the end, there were too many other blades that outperformed it for my face. I would use one of these in a pinch, but wouldn't go out of my way to get them after all of the blades I've tried and found to be a better, smoother experience. At the price point these sell at though, it's really not a bad blade.

For me, average blade, nothing special, approximately akin to using a Mach 3. Which isn't a criticism, because I quite like the Mach 3 for those "move things along and get going" days, but it isn't like shaving with a Silver Blue or something.

Made a mistake and bought 100 derby extra because they were cheap,these blades are dull,atg was uncomfortable and got few nicks,dull blade overall.Will give away these blades.

Top Bottom