What's new

Derby Premium! Anyone else surprised?

Hiya Everybody! :)

Anybody else surprised with the Derby Premiums? I used one in my Muhle R89 the other day and it was an absolutely spectacular shave, smooth and clean.

I have 100 of them, they were basically throw-ins with an order of something else. I've used a couple. The shaves they give are completely satisfactory and I'm happy to use them. But I don't get a lot of shaves out of them, relative to some others. I wouldn't pay a premium price for them but if that's what's available they're good.

Not a fan of Derby's but I purchased a sleeve of these and have been pleasantly surprised. Cheap and not bad at all.

Hiya Everybody! :)

Anybody else surprised with the Derby Premiums? I used one in my Muhle R89 the other day and it was an absolutely spectacular shave, smooth and clean.
Yes, very cheap and very good. At least for me, it's hard to justify paying double or triple the price for something else.

I had a tuck of Derby Premiums in a sampler I bought a while back. I was surprised at how much I liked them, especially in an aggressive razor. Good value, imo.

Put one in the plastic Wilkinson sword razor and finished off a shave with it (3 days of growth) for the last two passes. Worked great. Definitely a DFS. No nicks and very little irritation.

I'm a newbie here, but used these on my second DE shave ever and it made a massive difference to what I did my first shave with (Parker razors that came with my new Valiant). Also was able to shave my head for the first DE time using these and they felt great.

I wasn't too impressed with the one I'm using until I realized I had my Slim set to "5" -- way too mild for me. Cranked it up to "7" yesterday and got an excellent shave.

Will see how long it lasts -- I'm only at shave 5, which for me is barely broken in to the point I don't get lots of weepers. Already much better than the Derby Extra I tried a couple years ago, that one only lasted six shaves.

I have two shaves on my first Derby Premium. It's loaded into a Merkur 34C. Easy, close shaves, but my face has felt a touch of burn / irritation. I'll try to use a gentler hand for the next shave.

Top Bottom