What's new

Derby new packaging

Just got to say how impressed I am with Derby packaging.
My new blades arrived today can’t believe how small and plastic free it is.
The pic shows the old plastic tuck and behind it the new 100 blades in box
IMG_3115.jpeg

Indeed, pretty impressive how they packed these chromium-ceramic-platinum-tungsten-polymer coated blades. Though, I just hope they didn't forget mentioning other materials used for coating.

How are they arranged in the box?

not to start another panic purchase frenzy, but I think I'll stock up on plastic tucks before it is too late :D

I load all my blades into empty plastic tucks. Open cardboard tucks are just not good enough with children around.

You're a mind reader. I was hoping the Premiums came in that box too. I may buy 100 Extras since so far the both feel the same. Thanks for posting this. FYI you can get this box on Amazon just scroll down a bit. $7.99 free shipping over $25 as usual.

I just picked up 100 Derby Premium and they're still in the plastic box with 5 per. Love the blade, but not a big fan of the packaging like many others have said.

I haven't tried the Extra blades yet.

not to start another panic purchase frenzy, but I think I'll stock up on plastic tucks before it is too late :D

I load all my blades into empty plastic tucks. Open cardboard tucks are just not good enough with children around.
If you have a larger vitamin or medicine bottle with a child-proof cap they work well!

Just got to say how impressed I am with Derby packaging.
My new blades arrived today can’t believe how small and plastic free it is.
The pic shows the old plastic tuck and behind it the new 100 blades in boxView attachment 1649385
The Derby Extra box is not new - just another packaging alternative they offer to professional barbers called the DE minibox. It is shown in their catalog. @Andris83 likely no need to run out and stock up on plastic tucks. Suspect both packaging options will be around for a while.

DE blades are packaged in tucks for retail sale in the world marketplace.

Personna Lab Blue's are primarily made for sale in the US, where there is almost zero market for purchasing in tucks.

If people in other parts of the world stopped buying Derby DE blades in tucks, they would forfeit their business to other DE blade providers that will continue to provide tucks for retail sale.

Top Bottom