What's new

Derby Lavender Shave Cream

Hi Guy
I thought I would go through some of the soaps and other stuff in the Aussie pass around box.
I plan on using the same equipment

proxy.php

Zenith Manchurian Shave Brush 28mm very dense and my favourite brush
Hammered Copper Shave bowl
1930’s New Type Gillette Open Comb MIE razor
Astra Blade

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Derby Lavender shave cream has a rather pleasant scent in the tube.

The scent is noticeably stronger while lathering and nicer. 7/10
The slickness was reasonably ok not the best I have tried but does the job 6/10
I had about 4 days growth and my setup just plowed thought the lot no tugging or irritation. I did have one weeper but I get that if I don't shave for a bit so the during shave experience was 7/10
My after shave feel, my face is very soft and the scent lingers it is about an hour later and I can still smell it, plus my wife likes it so that an extra point. There is some stinging but no redness but that may be due to something unexpected (Nit treatment) on the initial face cloth I used to rinse off.... 8/10

Over all shave experience 7.5/10

Well worth trying.... if you can get your hands on it.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I have thought about trying the Derby soap in the tub. I haven't purchased one yet. Do you think they would perform similar? I know that some prefer soaps over creams. I was always a canned cream, canned foam fan until trying proper shaving soap about 18 months ago. Wouldn't use canned again.

I can’t really comment but I do know the Proraso soaps are better than the creams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting, may I ask why you think that the Proraso soaps are better than the cream? I have only had experience with the green cream and the green soap which I am working through at the moment. My thoughts were that I get a better menthol kick from the cream but I stand to be corrected. As you might be able to tell, I am a menthol freek and the idea of a Dery menthol cream has me intrigued, there is a barber at Flinders St. Station that has a selection of Derby creams for sale, might have to check it out next time I'm in the city.

Top Bottom