What's new

Derby Extra vs Derby Extra

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I've seen a post discussing the various packaging on Derby Extra blades but couldn't see a conclusive answer. I have 2 different packets of Derby Extra here. One with horizontal writing that does not say super stainless chromium-ceramic platinum yadda yadda. I also have one with vertical writing containing all the information. The wax papers in the vertical packet are loaded with the lettering upside down as you take them from the right side with a jib missing from the corner of each one. The horizontal wax papers are loaded writing right way up and have no jib missing from the corner. There was mud inside the factory seal on the horizontal packet and I'm lead to believe that this is old stock.

There appears to be small particles that look like corrosion on the blades in the horizontal packet though the blades themselves appear identical.

What is going on here?

Many thanks in advance if this question has already been answered,

LightShave

As far as I know the new ones are just new packaging. In the new 100 packs it does say all the coatings.
I could be wrong but I remember asking about this before.

I remember this discussion too, and the general consensus seemed to be that the only difference is the packaging.

Derby has been my go-to blade for awhile. When I first started using them, from a sampler pack, they were in the "horizontal" packaging; then when I picked up more, they were in the "vertical" packaging. I never personally noticed any difference in the blades though, and, in fact, only noticed the difference in the packaging AFTER reading about it here. Go figure.

Thank you all for the replies. The consensus appears to be that they are the same. No idea how mud got into the old pack. I just had a distinctly average one pass shave in my shavette with these. Didn't dare go any further due to tugging and buffeting.

Top Bottom