What's new

Derby Extra - used blade slot

I've run across a few different posts recently where the lack of a used blade storage compartment is discussed in reference to Derby blades. I thought a picture might clear up the issue. (Mod's feel free to move this post if you feel it is necessary).

full

As you can see, there is a small divider that allows for 2 compartments (new & used). It is not easy to get to as the little plastic flap can be a real test for those with short fingernails, but it is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see where you earned your name as review King !

"My King "

Didnt see or notic or cared less about that but its brilliant !
very environmental conscious folks the Derby Family........... :cool:

Kyle, you're freaking brilliant. Thanks, I got some used blade safes from classicshaving, that are now kind of unneeded. Oh well, I also got some Taylor's Rose when I bought them.

-Randy S.

rschumacher1 said:
Kyle, you're freaking brilliant. Thanks, I got some used blade safes from classicshaving, that are now kind of unneeded. Oh well, I also got some Taylor's Rose when I bought them.

-Randy S.

The blade safes can still be used as projectiles for deterring a would-be shaving gear thief or a badger on the warpath attempting to retreive what was once their's.:biggrin:

javyn said:
Kyle, you have greatly simplified my blade disposal process, thank you kindly!
I am greatly pleased that this finding has seemed to help out so many.

So, what do you guys do with the dispenser when it is full of used blades (recycle, etc.)?

Top Bottom