What's new

Derby Extra is now thinner, but apparently sharper and smoother

Interesting, I have some of the greens bought this year but they look like the pre 2016....awful blades.....
I use a shavette sometimes and decided to use the blades that I have used for 3-4 head shaves.... and even those are better than a new Derby Extra....I won't spend another dime, even if they are better....

Last edited:
I have been away for a while and just heard about the change.
Couple things I learned fast about identifying them.
On the net it's hard, unless you can see the actual packs, to know if they're old stock or new.
The new greens have writing on the packs (tucks?) Going long ways. My old ones have writing going short ways.
Also, pre-change they didn't have the blue 10 packs to my knowledge. So to be safe I grabbed a 200 pack of the blue 10 packs to ensure they're the new improved version.
While I was at it I picked up 200 premiums as they've been reviewed as at least better than the extras and the USTA 100 pack because I was able to find them.
I'll give them all a fair shake, although I hated the old extras in every razor I tried. I'll try different razors and everything.
I have so many blades and great blades I didn't really need these at all but the bug got the best of me again.
I've been quietly shaving with what I've had for 5 years and then it just bit me again. Ugh

Top Bottom