What's new

Derby Extra advertisement Contest !!!!

Hello all,

Since im swamped with setting up advertisements all over the Netherlands and on Ebay. but ! as it turns out I still dont have a digital camera and no time to hunt for one on Ebay and since it is fun I think to see how other creative minds would advertise I think its educational for me to see what you guys come up with.( I already am using a members photo here from his aquisition of the week I asked for it nicely. I hope haha )

What do I need ?

Well just nice photos of the Derby Extra's blade in action in a shave Den.

Think how would you make the photo if you were a seller make it NICE and glamerous so a newbie gets tickled to buy and try the blades.

Myself I had in mind a nice shave bowl with my Kent BK8 next to it and a shiny Fatboy with a nice black background , or make a nice origami shot on a cutting block of wood for veggies/meat. with lots of Derby blades around it like a painting.

The Contest is open to anyone, newbies , diehearts, razorfreaks, Veterans.

The winner will receive 50 Derby Blades shipped anywhere.

Now grab your camera's and shoot me an ad ! :lol:

So I guess no one has a digital camera either and no one uses Derby Extra's ?
Man this is way smarter to check for Derby uses then doing a Poll :eek:

Anyways just wanted to tell ya all that my Test auction ended succesfully.

A guy from Slovenia has won might I say for an excellent amount of money 50 blades. here is the kicker. He is a fresh new member from B&B and is still learning the trades and joys of wetshaving .

I couldnt be happier that someone from B&B got the sale auction haul.

Rene

If you want a few shots of the blades I could do that for you-

The limits of the ebay picture service are such that most folks are going to only see a 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch photo. Adding allot of extraneous detail will not -IMHO add to your bottom line sales. Most of my successful listings have been with crystal clear and uncomplicated photos on a simple backround -I always try to eliminate any question in my bidders mind about what they are buying.

Best of luck to you-

Goosemeplease said:
Rene

If you want a few shots of the blades I could do that for you-

The limits of the ebay picture service are such that most folks are going to only see a 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch photo. Adding allot of extraneous detail will not -IMHO add to your bottom line sales. Most of my successful listings have been with crystal clear and uncomplicated photos on a simple backround -I always try to eliminate any question in my bidders mind about what they are buying.

Best of luck to you-

Thanks thats what I had in mind to do, the simple black background of my Kitchen table its not marmer but nice material anyways.

Im so new to this ebay selling, been a buyer since 1999 ? dont even remember exactly but have lots to learn as a seller,yes I can see the photo's are shrinked .

I just never had or thought anything is interesting to sell until I got the wetshaving virus and now I want to no need to spread this virus as much as possible. a close friend of mine is a webdesigner so he will help me or take over the auction making and home page designing of wetshaving.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hi Keith ,

Yes this is the stuff im talking about be creative go nuts !
I forgot to mention there is no rule that says you cant do more then one photo you are allowed to send in as many pictures as you come up with Keith !

Excellent I love it !

Good news for you ,you will be able to test more then Derby's you are getting 7am V2 , Sharp V2, Summa PLatinum Chromes, EJR800, EJR810 CHrome platinum blades as a bonus some serious grooving grooming cutting blades.

I love it ... keep going folks... I have a Masterplan in my mind or else I wouldnt do this contest.

I also forgot to mention ! its not just one person winning ! the pictures that I choose to use those people win something or 50 blades aswell depends How crazy I get that day.but everyone for sure will receive the bonus blades of 6 brands you have never tried.

Great idea SSLStudio, I love my Derby Extras and would be very very intrested in trying out your other blades. Here are some pictures I took for you.

With The Grain said:
i dont follow, you work for derby?

Drink some more Whisky , as im doing now you will then follow it .. :biggrin:

My digital camera is broken ,I need pictures for my Ebay shop.and besides its nice to see what people come up with.

proxy.php

On second thought, this wasn't that clever considering the razor blades/Halloween apple connection!

jfm said:
proxy.php

On second thought, this wasn't that clever considering the razor blades/Halloween apple connection!

This Fatboy looks like brand new ! I wish I had a fatboy in that good a shape.

That's his good side. There is a slight dot on the finish on the other side of the handle. I'm not complaining, I got it for $3 and it's in perfect alignment. :001_smile

Hi Folks,

Anyone that helped me out here I cant remember you all but if you send me
your adress in a PM I'll send out a mini blade sampler as a thanks.

the least thing I can do, in the meantime I really like my new Camera Fuji 6Mpixel CCD.

Thanks B&B for being B&B.

Top Bottom