What's new

Denver & Liely Whisky Glass

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've had my eye on this glass for a few months now. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts.
This looks just the ticket for me if it was not for the price.
I have a couple of Glencairn Whisky Nosing Glasses which are ok but are well... dainty.
They lack the weight and size of a tumbler that I like. This glass seems to address the weight and girth to grip while still having the nosing funnel. Oh but the price, it's $50 for one glass. Then again if it the glass for me the price of purchase would soon be forgotten after a few drams. :)

If you don't have this one do you have a similar glass you could recommend.

Pouring_Whisky_Square_500x_c3f15734-08e6-4119-92a2-c947e9d42265_large.jpg

Denver_Liely_Whisky_Glass_Square_750x_b4c1e0a1-b4f6-4aa1-bfeb-8626e8c6adab_large.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
You're like me. I like to own some dang fine glasses . I don't have a recommendation. I go to a store in my city that sells candles. And it also sells glassware . In there are many glasses . Maybe there's a candle store in your city which sells glasses.

Oh but the price, it's $50 for one glass. Then again if it the glass for me the price of purchase would soon be forgotten after a few drams. :)

Would you really pay that much for a glass? Mama mia! That's a lot! I thought the moderators at B and B had good sense!

45C92464-AC3B-4ABE-8943-36A488D08C94.jpeg

The Norlan Whiskey Glass. A double walled glass which, according to the maker...is “Combining design, science, and ritual for the perfect whiskey drinking experience.”
I don’t know about all that...but it is a nice glass.
$48.00 per pair.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
That is a pretty glass Chris. I've had cut crystal on my mind for this purpose for years. Never acted on it. With breakage I tend to be a bit low end. Not exactly jelly jars. I do pick and choose.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I thought the moderators at B and B had good sense!

The ones with good sense have the good sense to decide not to become moderators. Having a "moderator" badge (or an "Emeritus" badge for that matter) is akin to not being able to think of a way out of jury duty.

Of course, the pay is a whopping $0 per month ... or is that per week, I forget ... so I doubt dear ol' Cleanshaved can afford the whisky glass.

Oh but the price, it's $50 for one glass.

Plus how much for shipping to the south end of nowhere?

This discussion reminds me of an incident that happened on a yacht my wife and I were invited on. Many years ago my wife was employed by the owner of the yacht. He invited us to a party when he had the yacht shipped from Italy to Florida. He served champagne in Baccarat crystal glasses. One guest had a bit much to drink and after the toast somehow managed to toss the flute overboard. My wife later told me that the flute cost $130.

When drinking scotch I like a wide mouth glass. The narrow ones hits the bridge of my nose.
I will have callus on my nose next day.

I've had my eye on this glass for a few months now. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts.
This looks just the ticket for me if it was not for the price.
I have a couple of Glencairn Whisky Nosing Glasses which are ok but are well... dainty.
They lack the weight and size of a tumbler that I like. This glass seems to address the weight and girth to grip while still having the nosing funnel. Oh but the price, it's $50 for one glass. Then again if it the glass for me the price of purchase would soon be forgotten after a few drams. :)

If you don't have this one do you have a similar glass you could recommend.

View attachment 916128
View attachment 916129
I have a couple. Nose is great, drinking from not so much. Hard to just sip when level falls below the wide spot.

Mine are cheap dept store version, about $10 for four. Look identical.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This discussion reminds me of an incident that happened on a yacht my wife and I were invited on. Many years ago my wife was employed by the owner of the yacht. He invited us to a party when he had the yacht shipped from Italy to Florida. He served champagne in Baccarat crystal glasses. One guest had a bit much to drink and after the toast somehow managed to toss the flute overboard. My wife later told me that the flute cost $130.

The price of some of the finer glassware can be very high.

This set makes the $50 price tag seem ok.

glass.JPG

Okay maybe not then, :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have a couple. Nose is great, drinking from not so much. Hard to just sip when level falls below the wide spot.

Mine are cheap dept store version, about $10 for four. Look identical.

Ah, drinking is more important to me than nosing.
Maybe a slight different internal curve could disrupt the flow.

Top Bottom