What's new

Denmark, Spain, UK shave bringbacks

Ad Astra

The Instigator
full

Returned recently from Europe, where I was lucky enough to tag along on someone else's business trip. :a14:

In Denmark - my second time there - scored another bottle of Esprit de Valdemar Fougere aftershave (toilet alcohol) at the local Fotex, of course. I now have two bottles of this amazing AS, a likely lifetime supply.

A five-hour layover at Heathrow found me in Boots, where I grabbed a bottle of Freshwood AS - great stuff! spicy notes, nice - and a travel bowl of Boots soap. Mild, generic clean; very respectable.

In Spain I tried to get the blue Floid, as I have a couple bottles on hand of amber Floid. No luck (found out it's discontinued) but scored another bottle to put away.

Carts and balms seem to be the rule over there ... I looked and didn't find Fitjar (in Denmark), but had little shopping time really. A duty-free salesperson confirmed there is a resurgence in traditional shaving stuff "and beard oils," so things are stirring.

AA

Vigoroso is the crown jewel of the Floid line, in my opinion, and I've got all five. You made a great choice.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice haul !,,,,how is the fougere a/s ?

I like it a lot. I did a thread two years ago when I brought back the first bottle ... At least one Dane has noted it's kind of an old guy thing, but the ingredient list reads like a Pinaud product and I like the scent. Last one was 50DKK, got this on sale for 40 - $6-7 for pretty big bottle.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What is the Freshwood scent like? That and the Esprit are unknown to me.

I really like it. Warm and wood spice or oriental notes, but not strong. Like most scents, I wish it lasted longer. This product has great "face feel," whatever moisturizers in it work well. It does not rip off Old Spice; Boots' labs are good. It's a unique scent and well worth 3€. I'll miss it when it's gone.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
... and unless you're in Denmark, it's unlikely to come across the Esprit de Valdemar. It has its fans, though one young couple was horrified when I mentioned it. They must sell it or the busy Fotex store wouldn't sell it ... But again, an old dude product, I fear.

AA

... and unless you're in Denmark, it's unlikely to come across the Esprit de Valdemar. It has its fans, though one young couple was horrified when I mentioned it. They must sell it or the busy Fotex store wouldn't sell it ... But again, an old dude product, I fear.

AA

Well, I AM an old dude, after all! :wink2:

Top Bottom