What's new

Denim Black

I'm a fan of Denim: Original and Musk have been go-to splashes for me for the last couple of years. Just today I received my first bottle of Denim Black. A refreshing, spicy scent with staying power -- another winner! :thumbsup:

If you're not familiar with Denim, it's a traditional masculine scent, very 1970s. The way I perceive them, Original is predominantly vegetal; Musk, patchouli; Black, spicy. (The are others in the line that I haven't tried.) All are long-lasting warm scents, with underlying woody/earthy/leathery notes. Good value for the money, even if you have to order online and pay shipping. (My order of four 100ml bottles on Amazon came to $7 per bottle, including shipping.)

Any other Denim fans out there?

full

Denim, left to right: Original, Black, Musk

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole 1970s thing sounds intriguing, and the bottles look really cool. Anyone else tried these before?

Yes, the bottles are neat-looking, and have a satisfying heft. I wouldn't put too much weight on the '70s aspect. To me, the scents are more or less timeless. (Denim Musk actually came out in 1982, according to Basenotes.)

I actually think the 1970s and 80s thing sounds good, it's not something that would turn me away from the fragrance. That was the time when it was fashionable for fragrances to be aggressively masculine and powerful, and that's something I want.

I actually think the 1970s and 80s thing sounds good, it's not something that would turn me away from the fragrance. That was the time when it was fashionable for fragrances to be aggressively masculine and powerful, and that's something I want.
I hear ya'! Me too. A couple of years ago I was away on a business trip and was sitting in meetings for a couple of days and noticed the hotel soap smelled pretty good, as I could smell it on me most of the day. Then I realized it was the sample cologne I had brought along, not the soap! That's the thing with a lot of the more modern fragrances, they smell so generic, not like the old school stuff from the 70's.

I'll probably get some of this Demin stuff eventually, but I'm going to wait until I've used up some of my other aftershaves. I probably shouldn't have bought the Skin Bracer last month. I don't see it getting too much use this time of year, especially next to the SR and VIBR.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think this is one of those products that need more talking. It's a great product, it works well and is fairly cheap. Here in Canada, it's another story to get it but if you can, try it, it's very nice stuff! And the bottles are Glass!!

Based on this thread, I just ordered some Denim Black from amazon.
ct

Let us know what you think. I've worn it a few times now, and even though I love the scent, I'm finding it a bit too potent. I diluted it with WH this morning, and next time I think I'll dilute it even further. It's no stronger than the scent of Denim Musk, but for some reason I'm less tolerant of it full-strength. Hard to account for these things.

I think this is one of those products that need more talking. It's a great product, it works well and is fairly cheap. Here in Canada, it's another story to get it but if you can, try it, it's very nice stuff! And the bottles are Glass!!

Totally agree about "need more talking" -- and about "Glass!" :thumbup:

Original and Black are always in reach!

Black will definitely remain in my Denim lineup, along with Original and Musk.

My bottle of Clubman Veg is almost out. When it DOES run out I'm going to get a bottle of the green Demin. I'm going to try and unload my Skin Bracer onto my brother, see if I can get some money back for it. Just not finding myself a fan of that one, and get some Black with that.

My bottle of Clubman Veg is almost out. When it DOES run out I'm going to get a bottle of the green Demin. I'm going to try and unload my Skin Bracer onto my brother, see if I can get some money back for it. Just not finding myself a fan of that one, and get some Black with that.

Just to be clear, the green Denim is Musk. Denim Black is dark blue.

Just to be clear, the green Denim is Musk. Denim Black is dark blue.

Yeah, I later realized that. I'll be getting the original and the black first. I'll probably try the green Musk when my Clubman runs out. (I checked the website, they have nine scents.)

(I checked the website, they have nine scents.)

Wow, I hadn't realized that there are that many. Thanks for pointing that out. For anyone interested, here's the link. The "Classic" line has five scents: Original, Black, Musk, Temptation, and Illusion. The "NEW" line has four: Heat, Chill, Vibe, and Sync. All nine scents come in both AS and EDT. Quite a lineup. Here are the product descriptions, quoted from the website:

Classic

A neo-classic scent that surprises with its intensity. Denim Original is built around the rare and luxurious essence of Olibanum. The sensual notes of Bergamot, Petitgrain and Salvia Sclarea take this masculine fragrance to a new level. Amber, Vetiver and Cedar wood lavish this warm fragrance with longevity and depth.

Modern yet timeless, Denim Black offers a long lasting sensorial experience. The fragrance is centered around the woody blend of patchouli, cedar wood and sandalwood. The bold signature scent is softened with geranium, jasmine and rose, finished with a warm and sensual tonality of amber, labdanum and oakmoss.

A fresh and invigorating masculine freshness, Denim Musk blends Mediterranean citrus notes with aromatic lavender and myrtle for an effect of athletic virility. The chypre accord is enriched with the sensual notes of patchouli, oakmoss and oriental woods, which gives depth and power to this stimulating fragrance.

Complex and seductive, Denim Temptation first attracts with its fresh natural undertones of thyme, peppermint and citrus, while the seductive notes of lavender and cedar wood slowly unravel. The subtle hint of musk and the scent of Tonka beans lingers on, continuing to mesmerize and allure.

Sensual and illusive, Denim Illusion contrast the fresh tones of White Thyme, Basil and Arthermisia with the seductive woody note of sandalwood and Leather of Russia. The finishing touch of White Musk, enriched by Amber Gris and Benzoino of Siam add to the image of mysteriousness and sophistication.

NEW

Denim Heat, fiery and invigorating, bursts with the charismatic blend of bergamot and patchouli while its unique background note – the subtle hint of lavender and vanilla mellowed down by the masculine notes of moss and cedar wood – gives the scent its unique swagger and flair.

Denim Chill, intense and spicy, combines Bergamot, Lemon, Tarragon and Petitgrain that instantly rouse your senses. The intense aroma is soothed by the notes of rose, geranium and jasmine, resulting to a distinctive scent that is masculine and charming.

Denim Vibe, smooth and stimulating, highlights the fresh fougere accord of lemon, pineapple and orange blossom with a woody backdrop of cedar wood, oakmoss and amber. The contrast is splashed with a mix of clary sage, rosemary and muguet, giving it a pleasant rounded finish.

Denim Sync, adventurous and daring, harmonize the essence of amber, sandalwood, vetyver and patchouli with a sweet and zesty blend of citrus, jasmine, orange flower and vanilla, creating a balance of sensuality and virility.​

Last edited:
So many things to try! I am going to have to narrow them down and replace one with something new. I already have to many!

I tried it today. It was really nice and reminds me of another A/S from my youth but I can't remember what it was. I did find it moderately strong at first when I put it on but the scent seemed to fade rather quickly. It did last for several hours yet was not over powering.
cottontop

I'd barely touched the Skin Bracer and wasn't fond of it so I got a refund on it, and I have some Denim Black on the way!

Top Bottom