What's new

Denim After Shave

I just ordered two 100ml bottles of Denim after shave from a Dutch e-retailer. My father used to use this stuff 'back in the day' until it disappeared from the shelves of drug stores and supermarkets many years ago.

Since this was my fathers daily after shave, I just couldn't resist buying these two bottles, it's a nostalgia thing I guess. I hope I can still recognize the smell.

Has anyone ever tried Denim After Shave themselves?

proxy.php

An oldie. Been using this for decades. Still available in abundance if you look for it but hard to find in the US. I mostly buy some bottles when I'm visiting my family and friends in Belgium.

Scent is supposed to be one of the strongest senses for recalling memories. I'm sure you'll still remember it.

UP THE IRONS!!!!
Eddie Lives.

I received my bottles today, had myself a late afternoon shave and applied the after shave. I can still recall the scent!

anywhere to get it in the us? i'm trying to build a stable of the classics.

E-bay. If you're lucky you might stumble on a US seller if not it's going to come from the UK mostly. Sometimes there's a few bottles on auction if not it's the Buy Now.

Do a search for Denim After Shave and make sure to activate 'worldwide' in the search options.

Another option is to do a search with Google and you will be able to order it from India. It's not the same original scent.

I have the Denim Black and like it a lot and just ordered a bottle of the original Denim the other day for £2.99 (used to use it many many moons ago :blushing:) so will compare them when it arrives :tongue_sm.

Interesting - there are at least 3 scents of Denim aftershaves and shaving creams in India. I haven't picked them up.

Are we saying this is the same old spice shulton story of a product discontinued in US and other markets and yet available in the India time capsule ?? :confused1

I used Denim Musk a lot when I was younger.
Unfortunately, this is so very hard to find here in the USA.
I did buy a couple of bottles 2 years ago when I was visiting my mom in Belgium.

I did get in contact recently with a Distributor, who told me that they will launch Denim in the USA again.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Bumping this thread back up as my other thread is not too related to this post.

I tried the Denim Original this morning. I will try the Denim Chill tomorrow (funny Denim Chill is not on their website, see below).

The original is very nice, burns a bit more than the average Splash (I would say 1-2 notch more than Brut). I think the scent is fantastic. Some kind of soapy-herbal-citrus scent. Delicate but masculine. I wonder how long it will last.

Denim Original ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, CI 15985, CI 47005.

Description Denim Original:
Denim After Shave works fast to instanly smoothen freshly-shaved skin. It helps comfort razor burn and any feeling of discomfort after the first application. Skin feels fresher and more toned with the great Denim Fragrance.

Denim Chill ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Water(Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance(Parfum), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 14720, CI 42051.

Description Denim Chill:
Refresh and stay cool. Denim After Shave helps comfort razor burn working faster to instantly tone and smooth freshly shaved skin.

I'm a bit dissapointed that Denim Chill doesn't have menthol but I will see if I "instantly" feel better!

Essentially, same ingredients in a different order and different colours. I find that both smell the same. I will find out tomorrow morning.

Finally. I have Made in Italy on the box. Made under the authority of CODAA, Switzerland AG.

I have 2 websites on the boxes:

Finally, directions on how to apply the AS: Splash Denim After Shave on palm and apply to neck and face for a refreshing start to the day.

Top Bottom