What's new

FS Den Clearing #2 Straight Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
20190730_184809.jpg
***I am not a honemiester so I do not guarantee "shave ready." What I will say is that I sharpen and hone all of my own razors, I have been doing so for 10 years, and they pass the hanging hair test, give me great shaves, and they are shave ready by my standards. All razors were honed by myself or Jarrod at The Superior Shave unless otherwise noted. All razors will come oiled to prevent corrosion. Message me and let's make a deal, I am always willing to work with our awesome B&B members. Cheers!***

Dovo Carre 6/8 - $150
I purchased this razor from Jarrod at The Superior Shave brick and mortar location in Jacksonville. Dovo no longer produces this razor with the grenadille scales for distribution the US. Real Mother of Pearl inlay. This razor was honed by Jarrod in store. I have used this razor about 10 times in total and it is still in mint condition with the original case. I really don't want to get rid of this one, but it doesn't make the cut because it is 6/8. Retail $190-$225
20190730_185743.jpg

Dovo Forestal (Cocobolo) 5/8 - $110
I purchased this razor from Lynn at the Imperial Shaving brick and mortar location in Ohio. Dovo no longer produces this razor with the Cocobolo scales for distribution the US. In the interest of full disclosure I dinged the edge on the sink and it put a small micro chip on the cutting edge. So I re beveled, sharpened, and honed the razor myself, however this razor was rebeveled during my early stages of learning to sharpen and hone straight razors. The edge is wonderfully sharp but has a bit more hone wear than I would have liked. The price reflects all of this. See pictures. Retail $200-$300
20190730_185049.jpg

Dovo 88 Yew wood 5/8 - $100
From The Superior Shave website: **(Dovo devoted <1% of 2018’s capacity for this 88’s 109-piece production run. This is a “manufactured rarity” cut throat razor, this being opposed to materials-scarcity rarities (genuine-mother-of-pearl or wooly-mammoth-tusk scaled Dovo straight razors, deceased blanks, etc.) Whisky distilleries adore the “manufactured rarity” shtick, so it is nice to see it pop up in the str8rzr industry.)** The blank used for this razor is the exact same blank that they use for their Bergischer Lowe razor. I have shaved with this razor twice and purchased from the brick and mortar location of The Superior Shave. I have not had to hone this one yet, Jarrod did that in store. Retail $143-$169
20190730_185223.jpg

* RETAIL FOR AROUND $550. TAKE ALL 3 DOVOS FOR $300 SHIPPED*

J.R. Torrey 900 5/8- $50
I love this razor. It had some odd hone wear from before I got my hands on it. The spine has a slight curve to it but I wasn't really able to get a good picture of that. The blade doesn't close perfectly centered and must be guided. This is a vintage razor and does show signs of it's age. What I will say it that even with these flaws I still love this razor and it is a wonderful shaver.
20190730_185511.jpg

Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 - $100
In awesome condition. The razor is missing some of the gold on the tang, but the blade is in wonderful shape. The scales are straight and in excellent condition. The blade closes on center. This is a vintage razor and does show signs of it's age. This is a wonderful shaver and will come in a random vintage razor box and not an original Dubl Duck box.
20190730_190318.jpg

Friedr Herder Abr Sohn 172 6/8 - $75 This razor blade is in mint condition. It has been rescaled with the cream colored ace of spades Herder bone scales that we all know. The original scales were celluloid and were stained so I replaced them. The blade looked to have never been honed prior to me and was in factory condition. This blade is a bellied hollow, takes a wonderful edge and is very sharp. I really love this razor, but I have too many and have found my happiness in the 7/8+ range.
20190730_190606.jpg

Red Imp 133 5/8 - $50 This razor is in near mint condition and looks to me to be completely unrestored and in factory condition with it's original box. I have NOT honed this razor. The scales are in mint condition and the blade closes on center. I would love to keep it, but I already have a Morris 132 and 133.
20190730_185913.jpg

Friodur 50 1/2 5/8 - $65
This razor is in great condition. It has a bit of hone wear, but shaves like a dream. I love this razor, but it doesn't make the cut in my den due to it's size. It closes just slightly off center. Not much else to say about it. It will come in a random vintage razor box and not the original Friodur box.
20190730_190036.jpg

All prices have shipping included. Shipping only to CONUS at this time. PM me for more pictures and let's talk. PayPal. Thanks.

Last edited:
***Weekend Prices ***
Dovo 88 & Dovo Forestal - $150 shipped
Friodur 50 1/2 - $50 shipped
JR Torrey - $40 shipped
Dubl Duck $85 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom