What's new

Delivery Service

Jonnybc said:
The best experience I've have with ordering from the US was an Ebay item which I ordered on a Sunday, UPS were knocking on my door on Wednesday morning.

Sorry, it was USPS proirity mail I got in three days, not UPS.

I believe that DHL is only a contractor business, there is a corporate DHL, but they farm most of their business to DHL "franchisees" for deliver, unfortunately, the ones that don't give the best service give the company as a whole a bad reflection. I too like the US Post office but won't pay for anything but regular mail, I have a friend that works there and they say the only difference is with priority mail, they have a special truck to make the deliveries, otheriwise it's on the sme airplane/truck to the destination post office.

My gripe is against USPS. On July 1, I sent a package to Germany via USPS Global Priority. They advertised 4-6 days shipping and it arrived on the 25th.

Kyle said:
My gripe is against USPS. On July 1, I sent a package to Germany via USPS Global Priority. They advertised 4-6 days shipping and it arrived on the 25th.

USPS farms out their express shipping in US and global shipping to FedEx. BUT!, they shouldn't advertise what they can't promise.

Kyle said:

Kyle,

Maybe that was 46 days, and your package was early?

Randy

Once while on the other side of the pond, I used the Queen's Royal Mail Service to ship a rather large box "ground" back to the US. I assumed the box was dropped in the ocean until it arrived some 3 months later.

-Nick

Kyle said:

That's probably the customs factor.

Top Bottom