What's new

Delicate conversations with the woman of the house

These are great! I've been married to the same woman for a while. When she asks about her dress or how she looks I say "fabulous." I do notice she checks out other woman far more than do I. I give her grief about that and she rarely brings it up if I notice a pretty thing. Funny thing is, she is still beautiful to me, even though my first date with her was 40 years ago last April. I still see that same smoking hot babe I asked to see "Night of the Living Dead" with me.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I didn't get married till I was 37. I saw a lot of what this world has to offer, if you know what I mean. My wife doesn't quite get this, but the fact is that I have no desire to stray because of respect for her, but also because quite frankly I couldn't be arsed to put in the effort. Besides, at this point no woman is going to be able to do anything that would impress me enough to invest in the time and effort that even a 1 night stand would require. When I got married I was actually grateful that the whole sex thing was finally and conclusively sorted, and 25 years later that feeling of gratitude has only been strengthened. I work with many women between the ages of 19 and 26. If any of them started to flirt with me I'd shake my head and walk away laughing, no matter what they looked like.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My wife is realistic to know there are plenty of women that look great. However, she also knows I would bypass all of them to keep her. She is a treasure, which is all that matters.
"She is a treasure, which is all that matters."

My wife is MUCH too good for me. It's literally her fault that I am still alive.

I was a weirdo when it came to women: I had high standards. Had to be good looking. At least as smart as me. Lol, finding such a woman agreeable to marriage was unlikely with my average looks and brains!

But as God has ALWAYS done in my life, He loves to give me my heart's desire especially when it is for my good and His glory.

My wife and I both had told God that we were done dating, and if He wanted us married, He'd have to figure it out.

Less than a year later we were married.

She is my best friend, and actually was my client and a friend for years before we dated. I literally talked about everything with my clients when I cut their hair. Several times they thought I was lying when they asked me if I were dating someone, the answer was "no" and their next appointment the answer was "yes, I'm engaged!"

That is my LOOOOONG way of saying that she knows I LOVE women, and looking at them; I was a COSMETOLOGIST and a NURSE for pity's sake!

As homely as I am, in those professions I had several opportunities to be unfaithful, but I was always smart enough to tell my wife about them.

People do shtoopid stuff all the time, and I have been fortunate in that my best friend and I have always been able to talk about anything. Lol, not without some raised voices at times, but always with the knowledge that we were in this marriage for the long haul.

FarmerTan

I didn't get married till I was 37. I saw a lot of what this world has to offer, if you know what I mean. My wife doesn't quite get this, but the fact is that I have no desire to stray because of respect for her, but also because quite frankly I couldn't be arsed to put in the effort. Besides, at this point no woman is going to be able to do anything that would impress me enough to invest in the time and effort that even a 1 night stand would require. When I got married I was actually grateful that the whole sex thing was finally and conclusively sorted, and 25 years later that feeling of gratitude has only been strengthened. I work with many women between the ages of 19 and 26. If any of them started to flirt with me I'd shake my head and walk away laughing, no matter what they looked like.
Perfectly stated my friend. It eliminates the need for my post! Too bad I don't type even slower, I could have spared you all my drivel!

FarmerTan

See, this is why I never married. If my wife asked me a question like that, I'd say, "Are you kidding? Of course I'd boink Selma Hayek. She's wicked hawt."
There is a (diplomatic?) way that I have probably said that to my wife over the years. Well, diplomatic as far as I am concerned. It was probably stoopid to say it at all, but it don't matter none; the War Department reads my mind anyway.
I could never get away with having an affair because I'd be confessing on the phone before I even got home!

We discuss EVERYTHING, lol. That is the main reason I consider her my best friend: we can discuss anything about anything and still be best friends even if we want to kill each other while we are discussing it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I saw a lot of what this world has to offer, if you know what I mean.

1602014320352.png

"She's pretty enough. Not my type, but I can see how others would be attracted to her" was about the best I could come up with.

After 20 years of good times and bad, at this point we can both answer those questions honestly because they don't count. Now I'm much more likely to get "If you can meet Selma and talk her into it, go right ahead" knowing exactly how much a chance of that is. Just something else to good naturedly tease each other about.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I'll demonstrate, and you guys can perhaps share your tiptoe through the minefield stories:

The other night we're clicking around the TV and we see Selma Hayek, so my wife asks if I think she's hot. I say I dunno, and I make a comment about how slobs like Jim Belushi and Kevin James get women like that in the movies but in real life such a thing wouldn't happen. My wife then says "Of all the actresses in Hollywood, which one do you think is hottest... you know, which one would you like to... you know..."

I ain't stupid. I say I don't think about crap like that. She continues to push. I continue to stonewall.

Finally I realize this isn't going to stop so I say, 'OK. Rachel Griffiths.'

"Rachel Griffiths," she says. "Why her?"

"I dunno," I say. "I guess it's because she looks normal, she acts normal, she's still married to her first husband, and I heard she still goes to Mass every Sunday."

My wife is frustrated because she knows deep inside that she's been bested. As she walks out to the kitchen with our ice cream bowls she shakes her head and says "I was asking who you'd like to boink, not who you'd like to marry."

I made it through that minefield. Thanks, Rachel.
View attachment 1164461

Selma Hayek & Rachel Griffiths are both beautiful. Just my observation....

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Sophia Loren literally bumped into me outside a jewelry shop on Winter St in Boston around 1979 or 80. I was walking up the street, head down as the wind was blowing in my face, and I didn't see her driver letting her out of the car and we walked right into each other. Boom. And she was gone just like that. But I swear I can still feel her breast hitting my left upper arm to this day. What a thrill.

Owen Bawn

When we were kids everyone had that Farah Fawcett poster, or they liked another one of Charlie's Angels or Wonder Woman. Not me. My friends thought I was nuts, but I liked Shirley Jones, who they only knew as Mom in the Partridge Family. But I had seen Elmer Gantry, and they hadn't.
Elmer Gantry Shirly Jones as Lulu.jpg

Top Bottom