What's new

Delayed delivery.

I ordered an SB Plate and stand June 13th from Karve. Today I am informed that they send the goods, 6 weeks after ordering.

Last time I ordered from Canada, it took 3-4 months before I got the razor delivered, then I will probably have to wait a few months until I get SB Plate and stand.

Is this something that generally occurs with orders from Canada or is it just Karve shaving that is extremely slow?

When I ordered Timeless Ti, it took 2.5 weeks. The same goes for other products that I order from the US, it goes much faster.

Welcome to the world post COVID. Best to keep it local. If that’s not an option you have no choice but to be patient. I got a new Ralf Aust razor made. He’s done the work and it will be sent as soon as the post start taking packages for delivery outside of Europe again. C’est la vie.

The only way to get something fast is have them ship UPS. I'm about to order something from the Ukraine. With USPS, it'll take a couple of months to get here. With UPS, 3-5 business days. Of course, free shipping with the postal service, $25 for UPS. Not worth it for a package worth less than $100, unless you absolutely had to have it right away.

Unless they stated they were taking pre-orders or there was a long lead time, 6 weeks to dispatch something is completely ridiculous and has nothing to do with the effect of Coronavirus on postal systems.

I have multiple packages en route from all parts of the world. All have arrived (including from China) EXCEPT ALL my packages inbound from the US:

Package 1: Last heard of 24 May somewhere in the US
Package 2: Last heard of 02 July outbound from Brussels airport
Package 3: last heard of 23 July somewhere in the US

Hard times...

Haha try ordering from Russia right now. I get my Asian packages eventually but my Tibam handle has been sitting in some port for months and months.

I ordered something (not shaving related) from China. The order was placed on 4/30/20. I received it on 7/20/20. Supposedly it arrived in Los Angeles on 6/3 and sat there for over a month before getting to the Post Office.

It's probably slower considering covid-19, but I think it's a little strange that it takes 6 weeks from the order until they send the package

Last time I ordered from Karve, the whole process took 3-4 months. Then I thought it could be due to the restriction in Canada since I get packages from the other side of the globe much faster.

Karve is just really behind/slow on shipping. It's a well known issue with several discussions taking place on multiple forums. 6-8 weeks has been fairly standard for even "in-stock" orders (completely ignoring the fiasco with the polished stainless steel razors).

I ordered one of the wider top caps a while back. I got a personal email stating that Covid, vacation schedules and postal regulations are delaying things. It took about 8 weeks total. In the old days of domestic shipping they used to always say "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery."

I am not making value judgements, just reporting my Karve timeline:

I emailed Chris on 5/26 to see if they had all parts for the stainless razors in stock and he emailed back saying yes, but they had a backlog with the hand finishing. He said he thought he would have it out of the door in about two weeks. I ended up placing the order on 5/31. I received shipping notice on 7/22 and it was delivered 7/23 to my home in Austin, TX.

While the wait was long, I shaved with it this morning and it really is worth the wait IMO. This razor with a B plate shaves almost exactly like my Wolfman WR2 095SB. Just a touch milder. If you can get past the delivery timeline, this razor is one of the best razors money can buy.

Ordered something from amazon but wasnt in stock and was actually from China. Ordered April 8th, was refuned last week. Received today july 24th. Insane. Also ordered 2 other things from China during same period one took 7 weeks and the other 2 weeks.

R

romsitsa

Postal services are ok. My pack took 10 days from Europe to Canada.

I ordered the wizamets back in may because of this website and it’s been stuck in transit since June 6th. I ended up emailing Mohammed because of this thread given that it feels simply lost in transit at this point and he agreed if I ordered another pack ( the price had gone up by 5 bucks but I can live with that ) he’ll ship two from the nyc stash he has. Crazy times all around I guess

avi

Top Bottom