What's new

Delayed delivery.

I think most of us, in various hobbies, have dealt with this many times these past few months. I had orders from Connaught take over a month for delivery recently, while one order got to me in 8 days.

I currently have a non-shaving package, shipped from Hong Kong, sitting in Chicago according to DHL tracking. It was shipped (my date) July 6, arrived O'Hare airport July 10. It shuffled around Chicago-land for 6 days, when on July 16 DHL says package was "tendered to delivery service provider" (in this case, USPS). ZILCH since then. USPS tracking shows a label printed July 9; no receipt of package scan.

It's ridiculous, but what can ya' do? Gotta admit though, these delays have starkly affected my buying habits. My purchasing all around has plummeted. I just do without the non-essentials.

While the wait was long, I shaved with it this morning and it really is worth the wait IMO. This razor with a B plate shaves almost exactly like my Wolfman WR2 095SB. Just a touch milder. If you can get past the delivery timeline, this razor is one of the best razors money can buy.
I totally agree with you. The “Christopher Bradley” razor from Karve Shaving Co is outstanding, that's why I made a new order from this company. It is not fair for a company to only get negative reviews when they deliver top quality product, so I could start the thread by first bringing out the positive with the company.

The only razors I can compare with are Timless Ti, Mühle r89 and Merkur Progress. The smoothness is insane, and for me it gives same fantastic experience as Timeless Ti, although I think Merkur Progress is the razor that is most fun to shave with because it gives more blade feel.

That being said. If they repeatedly delivers the product late, they should inform the customer.
If a company has the product in stock, but still spends 6 weeks getting it sent out of stock, then it is not the customer's job to inform the company about this. If they generally have a logistics problem with the shipment then be honest, and inform the customer about it.

I ordered some fountain pen nibs from India back in early May - I followed up with the vendor this week - he waited over a month to send out my order (blaming Covid 19) and now the package is sitting in Vietnam waiting to be shipped who knows when???? I ordered some items from Hong Kong just a little over a week ago and then arrived at my place in New York yesterday. Even before Covid 19, I ordered some items from Homelike Shaving in Russia (standard shipping) and they took over 2 months to arrive. There does not seem to be too much consistency in shipping times, but like others have said, it seems that if you pay more you will get your order faster.

I am not making value judgements, just reporting my Karve timeline:

I emailed Chris on 5/26 to see if they had all parts for the stainless razors in stock and he emailed back saying yes, but they had a backlog with the hand finishing. He said he thought he would have it out of the door in about two weeks. I ended up placing the order on 5/31. I received shipping notice on 7/22 and it was delivered 7/23 to my home in Austin, TX.

Karve has stated that finishing is the most time consuming part of production. Whether a part is machined or "in stock" is meaningless if it hasn't been finished. Not to mention they always have a backlog. Karve makes a great product but chris has been terrible at communication and fulfillment since inception.

Karve has stated that finishing is the most time consuming part of production. Whether a part is machined or "in stock" is meaningless if it hasn't been finished. Not to mention they always have a backlog. Karve makes a great product but chris has been terrible at communication and fulfillment since inception.
My way of thinking would be that if it’s not finished and ready to sell, it’s not in stock.

Top Bottom