What's new

Deja Vu again

Well I decided after several months with my Trac II to go back and use both a SE and a DE again for comparison. It took about half a shave with my Schick E3 to remember why I ditched my Schick 50 years ago. The DE, a Standard Razor that used to be my daily use razor was OK, comparable to the Trac II. The DE was not as close or maneuverable as the Trac II under my nose, under my lower lip and around the chin area, a little better than the Trac II for trimming the sideburns. Neither the SE or the DE were as comfortable as the Trac II nor did they shave closer. As I expected there was no irritation from any of them.

I'll stick with the Trac II.

Trac II, in some humble opinions, was a Gillette innovation that actually was an improvement. I went back to it after a less than stellar experience trying Atra, then skipped the whole shenanigans of Sensor, Mach3, Fusion, or anything in between. I still have a stock of some 200 Trac II compatibles and a few handles including a Bump Fighter, but for the time being I've been sticking with the DE that I took up earlier in the year.

Use whatever works for you. This week I am using a Schick Injector E I just got and loving it.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had not been at this for nearly 60 years I might be swayed that it was technique but it's not. ackvil, that's a fine looking razor, was it replated? Mine has the caramel creme colored handle.

If I had not been at this for nearly 60 years I might be swayed that it was technique but it's not. ackvil, that's a fine looking razor, was it replated? Mine has the caramel creme colored handle.

No, it's just cleaned up. Got it on eBay, 2 for $10.

Top Bottom