What's new

DEgeezer Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Meet Member DEgeezer

138095.jpg

@DEgeezer has been a member of B&B since Feb 16, 2022

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I had a question about a shaving product. So I Googled it, and there was a post on the subject from B&B. I then read several interesting threads and was impressed with the gentlemanly demeanor of the members.
Also, I appreciated the forum's policy. I’d grown tired of the political BS, and flaming on social media, so I decided to jump in.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I started off in the Iron Workers Union which I really liked, because working with my hands has always appealed to me. But not wanting to be away from my family, I became a millwright, working in local sawmills building and installing various machinery. I've now been retired for 18 years.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Raton, New Mexico, but we moved before I was a month old, and have never been back, so I obviously don’t know much about it. I’ve lived the majority of my life in Northern California.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I’m happy right where I’m at.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I’ve backpacked for many years. And about 25 years ago I took up Mt. biking, and although slowing down, I still get out and ride.
Also, a couple of years ago, I started playing Pickleball. I’ve always tried to stay active.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

The two razors have special meanings for me. One is a 1917 Gillette old style that I’ve been using for over 50 years. And the other is a 1959 Gillette 195 (Fatboy) that was made the year my wife and I were married. (I know what you are thinking….yes we were just kids. I was 18 and my wife was 16, but it stuck!)

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

John Muir. I’ve read just about everything that he has written, and much that has been written about him. He was an amazing man.
But as for the drink, if he were to choose, it would probably be Pine needle tea.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Through hiking the Pacific Crest Trail has always been a pipe dream of mine. But alas, I’ve waited too long. At nearly 81 I'm probably a little too old for a 5 month trek. Although I’ve hiked several sections of it.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Raising three children that are loving, caring, responsible citizens.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Treat every day as a gift, because it actually is! Don’t waste it being negative.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The power to heal. There is so much suffering in the world, both physical, and mental.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A Golden Eagle, soaring over the backcountry. Although I would have to get used to eating raw meat.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Pre-20th century classical mainly. But I enjoy some of most music genres, with the exception of Rap.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Jim Bridger. I'm not sure about a movie character, but there is a documentary about him.
He roamed over much of the West when it was still wild, and still owned by native Americans, and hadn't yet been polluted by white men.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title of that book be?

He Tried!

Thanks, DEGeezer! I feel like I know you better. As an ex-construction electrician, I’m aware that Iron Workers, a noble profession, experience much more abuse to their joints, and Millwrights are better paid, do less physical work and use more brains than brawn—or so I’m told. Hopefully you were happy as a Millwright.

And yes; it’s pleasant not dealing with those to whom it’s more important to make a point while flaming, sarcasm, and politics abound.

I appreciate the “step back,” and allow others to be heard personality of B&B. I love this place too.

@DEgeezer Outstanding interview!!

I know precisely why you would not want to move away from NorCal. The SF area and Napa area are impressive.

If my wife could move anywhere in the US, it would be in the Sierra Nevada region. More specifically - S Lake Tahoe

Thank you for taking the time to share a little bit of you with your friends at B&B!!

@DEgeezer Outstanding interview!!

I know precisely why you would not want to move away from NorCal. The SF area and Napa area are impressive.

If my wife could move anywhere in the US, it would be in the Sierra Nevada region. More specifically - S Lake Tahoe
S. Lake Tahoe is indeed a beautiful area. The real estate prices are however staggering. Hopefully your wife would like snow, because in the Tahoe area they measure it in feet, not inches. :biggrin1:

A heartfelt 'thank you' for all the gracious comments. This truly is a great community, and I honestly feel privileged to be part of it! 😊

Top Bottom