What's new

Define wet shaving

I guess that settles it. What most of us do here is "traditional wet shaving" but wet shaving technically is any shaving that you use water.

But the truly tough (gentle)men dry shave with a SR!

That comment instantly made me think of the film Crocodile Dundee

post-72483-0-52477200-1431325022.jpg

To misquote Mick Dundee, "That's not a razor, THIS is a razor"

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
KeepItSimpleShaving TradionalWetShaving -KISS TWS. To much time on my hands with Covid 19 and recovering & re-adjusting from surgery. My $.02 worth today.

wet electrics is kind of foreign to me. I remember them bringing out the electrics that could be used in the shower. Prior to that, the good ones were all corded shavers and would lead to a shocking demise for those who used them in the tub. However, I was a wet shaver my entire life, I just came back to DE and SE razors in the past 7 years.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I always assumed wet shaving meant you used water and something that lathers. However, it seems a lot of people define wet shaving by the type of razor someone uses. Mostly, I see DE, SE, and SR tools are referred to as wet shaving but cartridges aren’t

The only dry shaving tool I’m aware of is electric razors (but even some of those can be used with a wet lather). I did try dry shaving with a cartridge when I was a teenager—I learned to never do that again.

How do you all define wet shaving?
Anything but electric and tweezers.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I did not say that. For it to be "traditional wet shaving" you should use a brush to make lather.
I started shaving in 1964 and foam was absolutely traditional by that time. Barbasol preceded me by many many years. I’m 71 years old and personally fall into the “vintage” category.

I started shaving in 1964 and foam was absolutely traditional by that time. Barbasol preceded me by many many years. I’m 71 years old and personally fall into the “vintage” category.

I’m not too far behind and my father and maternal grandfather detested aerosols. So I come by it honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too started about 1964, I am 72. I'm just saying when you take into consideration our hobby and all that it involves as traditional wet shaving, a brush should be included.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
How do you all define wet shaving?

Many years ago at a barbecue place in Kansas City one of my friends asked about the chopped sausage plate. The counter guy did a really eloquent shrug with his eyebrows and said, "It's sausage. We chop it." It was tasty.

So I guess the definition is "It's wet. We shave it."

O.H.

Top Bottom