What's new

Defective Feather DX?

Hi all,

Can someone who has a feather dx comment on if this razor is defective? It is supposed to be brand new but the coating looks damaged on the head, and the second pin seems to be sunken in.

Thanks!

1610580652326.png
1610580692191.png

I think the pins are correct. At least they look the same as mine. I do not believe there is any coating, that what you are seeing is mostly the final result of how it was machined. Perhaps some residue was left on from whatever process was involved. I would try gently cleaning with soap and a toothbrush.

Attached a couple of pictures of mine. The first one show how it looks after stored with a blade inserted. In the second photo I wiped the surface with a cloth, but did not try to clean it with soap. Including both to give you different looks.
feather-DX-head-1-before-wiping.jpgfeather-DX-head-2-after-wiping.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The pins look exactly the same as on my Feather Artist Club DX with one appearing shorter than the other. Feather quality control is second to none and it is a superb razor👍

Thanks guys. My SS has symmetric pins and a uniform finish so I sort of assumed that is what the DX would look like too. Turns out this is just what the DX is supposed to look like!

The inside scratches are normal, according to Feather Company they are the result of an inspection process which tests if the razor can load a blade properly using its excursive gauge. One of the purposes of this test is to make sure it does not pose a danger to a user due to insufficient blade loading

A few years ago I bought a DX that has arrived with scratches both inside and outside. The seller promptly exchange it with another one that had the exact same problems so I decided to write directly to Feather Company considering my SS is flawless. They are amazing regarding customer support! They asked me to send the razor to their company headquarters for inspection and they sent me another one straight from the factory.

And at the end they sent me PDF named Razor Inspection Results complete with pictures ! I have attached it to this post. The cause of the external scraches could not be determined but the inside ones were normal.

Hope this info helps

Attachments

• DX Razor Inspection Result.pdf
    584.6 KB · Views: 25

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The inside scratches are normal, according to Feather Company they are the result of an inspection process which tests if the razor can load a blade properly using its excursive gauge. One of the purposes of this test is to make sure it does not pose a danger to a user due to insufficient blade loading

A few years ago I bought a DX that has arrived with scratches both inside and outside. The seller promptly exchange it with another one that had the exact same problems so I decided to write directly to Feather Company considering my SS is flawless. They are amazing regarding customer support! They asked me to send the razor to their company headquarters for inspection and they sent me another one straight from the factory.

And at the end they sent me PDF named Razor Inspection Results complete with pictures ! I have attached it to this post. The cause of the external scraches could not be determined but the inside ones were normal.

Hope this info helps
Tremendous customer support - I would not expect anything else from Feather 👍

Top Bottom