What's new

Deep fryer makes its annual appearance

We have a deep fryer which is in a box in the garage for 363 days a year. It comes out for Mardi Gras every year. Today we fried up a big batch of chicken for the gumbo. We threw in a few shrimp for po’ boys tonight.
DDD5B5A4-0FD1-44F4-91BA-ED0842C41AB5.jpeg
ABB0A9F7-4FB7-442C-8689-87A32F268EFF.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Nice! You got me jonesing a bit.

I also had a deep fryer that we also brought out rarely. It finally died. After that, I went back to basics and have just used a Dutch oven. It not only works better, but it's an excellent multitasker. We actually deep fry more often.

Now, I'm not trying to talk you out of a great family ritual. Far from it! You might want to check out a Dutch oven for other frying, though.

Nice! You got me jonesing a bit.

I also had a deep fryer that we also brought out rarely. It finally died. After that, I went back to basics and have just used a Dutch oven. It not only works better, but it's an excellent multitasker. We actually deep fry more often.

Now, I'm not trying to talk you out of a great family ritual. Far from it! You might want to check out a Dutch oven for other frying, though.
Agree, we use our Le Crueset Dutch oven for deep frying typically. For large batches of chicken or coconut beer battered shrimp, we still like the convenience of the fry basket.

Top Bottom