What's new

Deco Razor

Has anybody seen one of these before? I won it on ebay today and just wanted to know if anbody had any information on it. Once again, apologies for picture quality:blushing:

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to add that it is a Wilkinson Sword razor, and the seller estimates the date of manufacture as the 1930's due to the art deco styling. Apart from that though, it seems to have everyone stumped. I agree with you John, it is very nice looking and is SUPPOSED to be in mint condition.

Leisureguy said:
It's in mint condition because no one could figure out how to work the thing. :001_smile

That's a distinct possibility, but despite the fact that I swore to myself I wouldn't start stockpiling razor's I had no intention of using, I am starting to amass a collection of razors that will never see water as long as they are in my possession. If you think this looks unusable then you should check out the Anticor Mfg Razor I picked up a few weeks ago.

According to one of the member's over on SMF, this razor is designed to be used on dry skin, eventhough it is not electric. I am a wet shaver with a dry razor, can anyone see the inconsistency here?

AJS said:
According to one of the member's over on SMF, this razor is designed to be used on dry skin, eventhough it is not electric. I am a wet shaver with a dry razor, can anyone see the inconsistency here?
Perfectly reasonable. It is the yin and yang of it all!:lol:

The damm thing looks like a Spanish Inquisition torture device or a cheese grater I'm not sure.

Ah the perfect combination - the discomfort and general unpleasantness of the foil electric, with the speed of the DE.

Is there some blade like device that slides along on the inside of the foil to cut the hair?

Top Bottom