What's new

Declaration Grooming Aftershaves?

I've become a fan of Declaration Grooming offerings, the slickness of their soaps is outstanding and I seem to get more comfortable shaves. I have also really enjoy the aftershave splashes they offer. For some reason, their aftershaves seem to soothe my face more after a multi-pass shave. The first ingredient is witch hazel, so maybe the anti-inflammatory aspect of that ingredient explains it?

I really like my other aftershaves from Black Ship and Stirling, but the DG aftershave just seems to leave my face feeling better after a shave. Have others had this same experience with their products, or do you have other products you'd suggest that excel in this area?

My usual steps are:
Shower
Two pass shave (+ occasional touch-up 3rd)
Alum
Aftershave

You could try just plain witch hazel to see if that matches your experience with the Declaration Grooming aftershave. If it does, you'll know to look for that as a top ingredient in other aftershaves.

I really enjoy Declaration's soap and aftershave as well. I appreciate that they include a small bottle of menthol that you can add to the a/s if you choose. Personally, I leave it out.

There are three (and only three) aftershave splashes I’ve found (from more than 50 makers) that actually feel like they nurture my face: Maol Grooming, Chatillon Lux and Declaration Grooming. Maol wins the best ”face feel” award, Chatillon wins the best scent award, and Declaration win the all-round award. As Chatillon is now out of the scented aftershave market, it’s a blessing that Declaration has an arrangement with Chatillon to use Chatillon scents in Declaration aftershaves. I believe I’ve got every scent made by all three aftershave makers. Give Maol a try!

Scents aside though, the DG aftershaves are different than the CL aftershaves, they aren’t made with the same ingredients.

Just checked and you are indeed correct. I wasn't aware that they were different formulations. Good to know :thumbsup:

I found out they are different than the original CL. I was disappointed.

Yes, they’re different. During the winter, however, I enjoy CL scents in the DG version better than the original CL version. The CL version has a pretty hefty dose of menthol in all scents, while DG gives you the option of avoiding menthol (in all scents) by throwing the little bottle of menthol (which comes with every DG aftershave) into the trash.

Top Bottom