What's new

Declaration Grooming 1 Week Workout - Santal Auster

Joe, one more thing. Is your soap the original formula or this newer Icarus base? Santal was, I believe, the first offering from Declaration in this newer base. I have never used the original so cannot compare.

I have both bases. While I think there isn't a big enough difference in the performance to justify the price increase for the Icarus base, I most definitely like the hardness level of the Icarus base better. The original base is just so damn soft I tend to eat through it pretty quick.

This was a nice complete review for a soap, something i would love to see more of instead of just one or two uses.

Joe, I hear you. I have had a policy of no precise review til I have completed at least five shaves with a new soap. In the case of this one I would say, more like fifteen.

I did not mention it in the original post but should have. I thought this was a fairly soft soap. Not putty mind, but certainly softer than say, Saponifico Varesino. I can already see a quarter sized spot of the bottom of the jar. Again, some of that was all me. Too much loading. I tend to load heavy anyway but honestly, with this soap it is not necessary.

Top Bottom