What's new

Decent scuttle?

The best scuttle I have ever used or seen at any price is the 20 oz. G20 from Georgetown Pottery. It's available directly or occasionally on Amazon. IIRC it runs about $60, and it's worth any penny. I got my son one for Christmas, and I have been envious ever since and put it on my Amazon wish list. In the meantime, I just use a ceramic bowl from the dollar store that I sit in a sink filled with hot water. Not as eloquent and it loses heat faster than the scuttle, but it's workable until the G20 arrives. Someday... :drool:

+1 Worth every penny indeed. You can get on Amazon, or straight from Georgetown. Check here:

http://www.georgetownpottery.com/st...P&Product_Code=SHAV0002&Category_Code=Shaving

EDIT-
prejay66 said:
I bought the Georgetown G20. it came in four days. The glaze is awesome and the knobs and ridges in the bowl are a plus. It is big but it keeps the lather very warm even up to four passes.

Patrick

Oops! Didn't see that. Congrats!

Last edited:
Is it too big in your opinion? The "seconds" price is only a $5 difference. In my head it goes like this, for $5 why not get the bigger one. But would you say that's not the case? Stick with the g12?

For me, it was not price. I just did not care for the larger G20. Also, Georgetown did a complete redesign when going from the G5 to the G12; now a nice deep, round bowl. For my shaving needs, it fits the bill perfectly.

Before I purchased my Robert Becker Scuttle. I used a large ceramic bowl with a lid. I heated my water and poured it into the larger bowl. I used a smaller ceramic bowl and sat it inside the larger bowl. I made my soap lather inside the smaller bowl. I never had a problem maintaining warm lather for a three pass shave. I purchased both bowls at Walmart. My total investment was around six dollars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom