What's new

Decent cordless clippers?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
1646906672898.png

Bugs Bunny is ready to perform a haircut. But I warn you, he doesn't have a barbers license, so get your haircuts at his barbershop 💈 at your own risk. Lol

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks you @FarmerTan and @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker for your helpful posts, particularly the ones since my last question.

I'd probably seen a dozen Oster and other videos on cleaning and oiling, but not, I think, that one. I'd not known before about the rails. Had to enlarge the video to full screen and look carefully, but now I know what the rails are and how to oil them.

Between the various informative posts and my little bit of experience with the clippers I think I've gotten it down on how to clean and oil the electrical components of my gear.

Checking the hair length at 90º is something I remember really good haircutters such as my my recent stylist (last seen pre Covid World) do. It's a very good tip.

The main tips I'd give anyone learning DIY haircutting are these.
  • The best haircut I've ever seen - the only movie star looking, politician looking $700 haircut I've ever seen - was on a man who told me he cut his own hair with scissors. Not shears mind you, just ordinary scissors.
  • Watching videos and doing homework is so helpful it should be a mandatory first step.
  • You don't have to learn to cut anyone's hair other than your own which makes things much easier.
  • Listen to your betters such as some of the experts in this thread.
To that list I'd add remembering your head is probably round, as discussed by an expert in this thread, and some advice about keeping your tools clean and lubricated.

Thanks, gentlemen.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom