What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Omega 49 today with PdP63 soap, balm and soap on a rope. Great shave with a 1952 Tech and a Personna Crystal.

82D0900D-FBD2-4674-AA2F-6B850DCC04AD.jpeg

I just finished my 10th shave with the Zenith B03-A26 (aka B2) and it continues to deliver.

20201220_162036.jpg

I've been trying to find something to dislike about the brush (it's just the way I'm wired), but it's tough. The fact that it doesn't seem to be a "natural blonde" is the only thing I've been able to come up with so far. The brush is a keeper.

...I've been trying to find something to dislike about the brush (it's just the way I'm wired), but it's tough. The fact that it doesn't seem to be a "natural blonde" is the only thing I've been able to come up with so far. The brush is a keeper.

That’s what I said about my first wife. All of my brushes have at least been faithful [emoji23]

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBoar 2020 #18
20201222_132328~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Stainless Lupo w/DLC
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Faux Ivory (26mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Pre-shave: Splash face with warm water, massage Cremo into face, lightly rinse with warm water
Post-shave: Cold water rinse, towel dry, apply Clubman Osage Rub
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Excellent shave. :cool:

This thread made me get a boar for the first time and I've been using this thing for the last 2 weeks.

20201223_021647.jpg

Merkur 39c Slant with Feather blade
Goodfellas Smile King Hog
Speick shave stick
Nivea sensitive

The Plissoft Monster on the end is just to show the size of this brush, its easily the biggest brush I own. Lots and lots of excellent face-feel when lathering, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I might even start using it exclusively.

DecemBoar 2020 #18
View attachment 1198595
Razor: RazoRock Stainless Lupo w/DLC
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Faux Ivory (26mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Pre-shave: Splash face with warm water, massage Cremo into face, lightly rinse with warm water
Post-shave: Cold water rinse, towel dry, apply Clubman Osage Rub
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Excellent shave. :cool:
Are the Mondials plastic or resin handles? Looks so similar to your Taj.

Shave #23. Tried something different today. Had a small amount of B&M Leviathan left from a sample pack and packed into the bristles of a damp brush and went to face lathering, dipping the brush frequently in water.
Resizer_16087348147430.jpg
I hope that this brush will become more generous with lather as it gets used more. It's still exhibiting the "bad" brush traits that that new boars are accused of. But the Leviathan also has left me very unimpressed.

Coming off a run of 2-band badger shaves and was feeling the need to have that scrubby boar face feel.

Two days into a medium size boar run, and I stumble across this tread. Yesterday, I used the blue 10065 and today, the white, black banded 80097. Fancy that!
20201223_150302.jpg

Omega 11648 has finished breaking in. Man alive it's incredible how soft boars can get. Particularly the badger imitations. Whatever process they perform to the bristles apparently has a effect on how the brush evolves. I'm quite certain of this at this point.

The 13564 still has a way to go but it's now, at least, usable.

Top Bottom