What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Day #2 of Decemboar - not the best soap but man I do smell great!
IMG-3541.jpg

Looks like Ill be joining you lot sooner rather than later, my lovely fiance stumbled upon this thread and purchased the boarzooka!
I think it's meant as a Christmas gift, but she's bad at holding off on giving gifts and even worse at keeping secrets which is why I know about it at all. So, I'll probably be joining sometime next week!

Used this Zenith unbleached on my face for the first time today. It's been wet maybe a dozen times. It's a monster. Feels softer than even my Shavemac badgers. Lathered without shaking any water out of after soaking and loaded for two minutes. It absorbs a huge amount of water.
Resizer_16069211343491.jpg
Resizer_16069211343490.jpg
Enough lather for 10 passes. This is the brush for those pucks you'd like to get rid of quickly.

Last edited:
Tech Tuesday
DecemBoar 2020 #1
View attachment 1189337
Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5 and retired)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Ach. Brito Mogno
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle is one of my favorite brushes, knot type notwithstanding. Top Tier brush! :thumbup:

Wonderful shave! :)
A very enabling post. That jade is nice. Everytime I order from Conought it's in my cart for a while. Also like the modern handle on the vintage tech.

I find it hard to break in brushes by using them. Every day of bad lather I feel robbed of a day. I hand lather for a week or two.
I recently took advantage of our triple-digit summer temperatures to break-in six of my more difficult boar brushes. I lathered them every morning using a grated bar of Ivory bath soap. Once thoroughly rinsed, I placed them on the patio to dry during the day. After the bar of soap was exhausted, the brushes were more than ready for use. It was time well spent.

Day 2

I like boar brushes and I cannot lie

You other brothers can't deny...

The Zenith MC/BO3-A26-L (B-20)

I decided on a Schick show for this morning's head shave and beard trim. Since I'm out of practice head shaving with injectors I managed to take a chunk out of the back of my head. Dr Wife patched me up after the obligatory "You're a dumba** for thinking you know what you're doing." Don't let medical people buffalo you. They put on a nice face for the patients but they verbally abuse their spouses.

Schick L1 with unknown blade and uses (I think a "Chick")
PAA Scentsless CK-6
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Clubman Pinaud - because it's glorious!

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_4449.JPG

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Zenith 506U today. The knot is still breaking in, and I'm not sure I love it, but I'm giving it time to open up a bit. For now, it's not splaying like I'd like. Still, it made a fine lather from Palmolive soap this morning.
I looked that one up and was suprised it was unbleached. I like the look. I wonder if that is going to be a different feeling than from a bleached brush.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Lol, I'm a slob. I haven't shaved since Thanksgiving!

I'm thinking of trying some "ArkoStein" soaps once in awhile this month....
ArkoStein, to go mitt der svine!

Today's shave will be in a couple hours. Looking forward to it simply because I find these occasional "lock ins" fun. By "lock ins" I mean restricting some aspect of shaving to a certain item or similar. I always learn something via that process.

Top Bottom