Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20201231
Happy New Year's Eve!
DecemBoar 2020 #25
Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
20201231_222251~2.jpg

Excellent brush! :cool:

Can anyone help me with a comparison between the boar brush Zenith A28 (aluminum handle) and the Omega tricolore 21762 (resin handle)? I already have the Zenith A28 and I'm interested to know from you if it's worth buying Omega tricolors. Thanks in advance.

So, I went back to a synth today, mostly because I've been working on a sample size of soap that have not been able to get a good lather from. This is where syths excel, they can make a decent lather very easily. What I missed after a month of boar is face feel. I like the scrub of a boar combined with super soft tips. The lather itself also seemed different, but it was probably more a factor of my water ratio. Out of all my boars I have been most impressed with the Zeniths for their incredible density, but I've now got my first Semogue and I've got my eye on other Omegas and Semogues also. Smooth shaves to everyone!

Missed this a while back. My favorite boar is actually an unbleached zenith in olive wood. It lathers anything and has great backbone for a boar. They're all great though. I don't think you can go wrong with Zenith, Omega or Semogue. Reply to old post but worth noting.

So old almost time for next Decemboar
Thanks for bringing this thread back up. Let’s do it again this year. December is only 2 months away. 👍

"Hush your mouth!"

Let's enjoy Fall, shall we?!?

Winter is our 6 month punishment cycle in Michigan for being blessed with 6 weeks of Summer!
Keep it down over there. My kids are sleepin’. 🤪

Even though we don’t live in igloos and drive to work on dog sleds in Canada like many think, Toronto winter sucks just as bad as Michigan. Of course, Buffalo has us both beat. 😆

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Keep it down over there. My kids are sleepin’. 🤪

Even though we don’t live in igloos and drive to work on dog sleds in Canada like many think, Toronto winter sucks just as bad as Michigan. Of course, Buffalo has us both beat. 😆
That is true. Buffalo is where a lot of Meteorologists get sent by NOAA if they can't keep there forecast prediction accuracy levels up to snuff!

Seriously, when I was more active on the 2 metre band with Skywarn I did meet a LOT of those guys that REQUESTED a transfer to Buffalo.

I think I'd rather live in Antarctica! I mean, there's probably much less snow there!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was watching your friend Dr Pol the TV vet again this afternoon. Man, it seems like every cow, pig, goat, and ewe in Michigan has a prolapsed hoo-ha.
I want a reality show. My son thinks I'd be HUGE, lol. If I can crack his friends up just by breathing and living life like I want, how could I NOT be famous.

And I can affirm that I will NEVER apologize for calling a group of folks, "hey guys" like Jeff Probst did on Survivor the other night. Or so I heard on talk radio.

When are we gonna take our Kountry back?
Maybe my reality show could be a camera following me around, insulting idiots in Wally World and swinging my cane at them from a borrowed Amigo?

Wait. Can I even CALL it an Amigo?

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have an b&b brush that's been sitting on the shelf... I had debated on keeping it pristine and unused but will break it out and in for Decemboar.

Speaking of we should do another one of those the b&b boar brushes.

I'm looking forward to participating in the Decemboar this year.

I have SOC Boar in Cherry and Proraso Professional Boar brush in my rotation. Rest 3 boars are sold. To remedy the lack of boars I've ordered a RazoRock (Zenith) boar and a Semogue Galahad 2 band boar.

This'll be my first Decemboar and my curated rotation of boars will be ready to perform by the onset of December.

@Abz88

Show us your Boar-ing line-up
:popc:

Last edited:
Top Bottom