What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Thanks @SharpieB for another fun DecemBOAR. Congrats to @ralph029 and to @tjsgarden. I know like last year the majority of my shaves will be BOARS for the next 12 months. I'm wondering if we had a poll how many gents from this thread will box up their boars not to use them for another 11 months?
Well, I'll have 6 going into mothball status and 5 that will continue in my daily rotation. Oh yeah, plus one more new one, so 6 staying ;)

Thanks @SharpieB for another fun DecemBOAR. Congrats to @ralph029 and to @tjsgarden. I know like last year the majority of my shaves will be BOARS for the next 12 months. I'm wondering if we had a poll how many gents from this thread will box up their boars not to use them for another 11 months?
I have collected too many soaps, so I'll HAVE to use the board to make some room iny soap cabinet (trunk, lol).

I'll drop the boars only during peak of summer and monsoon, rest of the year the boars will be in my rotation.

Congratulations @ralph029 for a phenomenal start with a Boar brush

Hats off to your ethics @tjsgarden

Thanks @SharpieB for the exciting closing of the DECEMBOAR, I kept my eye open for every notification even in January thanks to you :letterk1:

Well folks the month has ended it was time to put the brush back in its case, next time it will be out will must likely be in march for fixed four march.

It was a lot of fun using the new Semogue 1305 in December, all shave but one were on this brush. Not sure this one need any breaking was pretty great right off the box but here is a picture before the first shave and after the last one 15 or so shave later.

You all have a good January

IMG-0580.jpg
IMG-0709.jpg

IMG-0582.jpg
IMG-0710.jpg

Omegas break in quickly. my 10065 looks about the same. you should see incremental changes (increasingly soft face feel to a point, maybe floppier [Semogues more so than Omegas], maybe more dried splay, etc) until it reaches it's final form.

yours looks pretty close if not all the way there. face feel? I can't tell from the pics but splay's about done.
I used it again today. Overall I like how it feels. It has a nice scrub when splayed. There is a little bit of scratchiness too, but I feel it more when painting with it. Lets see if it goes away.

I used it again today. Overall I like how it feels. It has a nice scrub when splayed. There is a little bit of scratchiness too, but I feel it more when painting with it. Lets see if it goes away.
Mine has a nice level of scrub to me. Scritch? Especially while painting? No, but that could possibly be the pressure you apply. And it’s more likely just more break in to come

Mine has a nice level of scrub to me. Scritch? Especially while painting? No, but that could possibly be the pressure you apply. And it’s more likely just more break in to come
not sure if I mentioned, but I am mainly a synth user, I am used to very soft feeling brushes.

It is not how many you own, but how many you have tried. ;)
Current production: 6 varieties by Conter, 8 by Codaa. 3 of them overlap. Some like the White are discontinued.
I have only tried 8. So far "Tribe" and "1976" seem to be my favourites. There are a couple I don't like. Have at least 2 more to try.
What?! Discussion about Denim and I missed it? :eek2::letterk1::c9:
I like also Original and Musk, Musk seems to be long lasting scent.

I decided on a Zenith Pure Bristle Bleached Ivory Colored Handle 501A SE.
Well folks, the new Zenith arrived last night. I forgot to take a pic of the unboxing. Here are some pics after the first step of my break in process. Thanks so much again to @SharpieB and everyone who took part in Decemboar. I had a blast and am looking forward to next year. With this one, I will have added 2 additional since Decemboar concluded brining to my pen to a total of 13.
I'm looking ahead to September so I can build my synth collection this year. Thanks again so very much!

20230110_121636.jpg

20230110_121718.jpg

Tried a gifted badger once. Seemed to wet and floppy. Just bought a Stirling tuxedo synthetic. Takes quite a bit more effort to get lather going . Will save that for weekends when I have more time. So boars all year long for me. Pics of SOC I got near the first of Decemboar and now.

Attachments

• 20221201_172040.jpg
    20221201_172040.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230108_180056.jpg
    20230108_180056.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom