What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Update! (does this count as a double post? If they are against the rules; sorry)
20221119_232144~2.jpg

Complete success.

In fact this picture is from round 2. I did a test lather on each brush with some TOBS sandlewood soap, and this is them drying again.

Update! (does this count as a double post? If they are against the rules; sorry)
View attachment 1559447
Complete success.

In fact this picture is from round 2. I did a test lather on each brush with some TOBS sandlewood soap, and this is them drying again.
I have the same dehumidifier and used it the same way so I could break in the 3 new boars I bought this summer! Great mind think alike :letterk1:

View attachment 1559447
Complete success.

What's your thoughts on the Omega 11126 compared to the Semogue 830? I've 2 Semogues 830, but while they have EXTREMELY soft tips and are a complete joy to use, they hog pretty much all the soaps or creams that I've tried on it. It's so sad!
On the other hand, my Omega 48 it's a lather monster...It's the complete opposite of the 830. It lathers literally ANYTHING, but isn't has soft has the Semogue, so I wanted to know if the 11126 has softer tips, like the 830, while keeping up a great performance building lathers.

I'm in.

Omega 48 and Semogue 610 at the ready...

1) SharpieB
2) MaineYooper
3) J-NM
4)dmshaver
5) Phoenixkh
6) Icculus
7) ewk
8) Slock
9) DavidN88
10) Tjsgarden
11) Ravenonrock
12) md1234
13) PintoPlain
14) Kyle89
15) dnallehekaj
16) zoidberg
17) JAHE
18) Shave Souffle
19) DoyleClark
20) VerbaVolant
21) linty1
22) ivan_101
23) Leverspro
24) Crisp Rat
25) RenoRichard
26) edbluetooth
27) ralph029
28) Tillerman
29)Abz88
30) Contact_vs_Feedback
31) RookieGuy
32) GenericYetSpecificName
33) Balin
34) Flask28
35) Shave Wok and Kiley (SW&K)
36) KenM
37) Trollky
38)
39)
40)

I don't have a family photo, so I posting the individual photos for my DecemBoar participants.

Ever-Ready 150 with a Maggard Razors Premium 24mm knot
9_15 sotd.jpg

TGN 27mm unbleached boar in Trotter Handcrafts Cascadia Line
9_12a sotd.jpg

Stirling handle with 24mm APSCo Luxury mixed 70/30 badger/boar bulb
10_18 sotd.jpg

Semogue 24mm SOC cherry wood boar
10_23 sws.jpg

APSCo 24mm Luxury mixed in Trotter Handcrafts Supernova
10_22 sotd.jpg

The herd has been significantly reduced from DecemBoar 2021, with many moving to new locations!
line up.jpg

What's your thoughts on the Omega 11126 compared to the Semogue 830? I've 2 Semogues 830, but while they have EXTREMELY soft tips and are a complete joy to use, they hog pretty much all the soaps or creams that I've tried on it. It's so sad!
On the other hand, my Omega 48 it's a lather monster...It's the complete opposite of the 830. It lathers literally ANYTHING, but isn't has soft has the Semogue, so I wanted to know if the 11126 has softer tips, like the 830, while keeping up a great performance building lathers.
I am still in the process of breaking them on really. I can paint with both, but I'm aiming to face lather. But I don't like scratchy brushes for that.

I just returned from a vacation in Spain today and this was delivered yesterday… from Spain.

Looking forward to christening this one on Dec 1!

View attachment 1559928

I own one, and I'm curious about what would be your thoughts on that...

For me, it's quite soft, but the backbone that it has, it's some kind of a letdown. I rate it with medium/high backbone, which doesn't fit my preferences, but as you know, YMMV.

I'm getting excited for Decemboar! I found it I have twice as many boar brushes as I had before. An old forgotten about unbranded brush, which I'll call my Wild Boar. Unbranded, underestimated, just split ends and backbone. That along with my classy Omega will make for a fun month!

Edit: the wild boar is a Van Der Hagan with the white handle. I'll try for a family picture tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm getting excited for Decemboar! I found it I have twice as many boar brushes as I had before. An old forgotten about unbranded brush, which I'll call my Wild Boar. Unbranded, underestimated, just split ends and backbone. That along with my classy Omega will make for a fun month!

Edit: the wild boar is a Van Der Hagan with the white handle. I'll try for a family picture tomorrow.
I am possibly just easily amused but I really enjoy Decemboar. I tend to reach for my higher end badgers for most shaves and “forcing” myself to use boars for a month reminds me of how good these brushes can be. 👍

View attachment 1561919
Wake up! It's the final countdown!

View attachment 1561920

Here's my pig pen, what's in your wallet lineup?!

View attachment 1561921

Oh, @MaineYooper, am I'm ready!

I've been working on the Final Countdown dance
final countdown GIF

Wrestling all the mean wild boar that live here in urban Portland
Baby Animals Pig GIF

have been doing lots of conditioning
Exercise Working Out GIF

And I've collected my very first set of boar brushes over the last little bit, with some help, to get ready for the big event.

1669348692600.png

Top Bottom