What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

All my shaves in DecemBOAR have been with Omega boar brushes, my first time to use boar brushes. It's been a real eye opener, and I have found that I really like boar brushes.

The brush duties were fulfilled with a 10066 and a 10049, very different and both very good.

Today's brush was the 10049, a big brush that is excellent in every way.

Thanks to B&B and @SharpieB for putting this event together, it was truly great!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Decemboar 31st, Decemboar 2022 complete. Happy New Year everyone. I didn’t sign up, but I did make it. Finishing up in style, like I started out on the 1st with a Zenith ‘Pro’ knot in an oscar11 handle. Razor was a Le Grelot (jingle bell) Sheffield Steel, and the software was Acqua di Parma Colonia. Great way to finish up Decemboar and a tip of the hat to @SharpieB And it’s only 11 months until Decemboar 2023 !

C522E227-9DD1-40C1-A635-35468F6C7249.jpeg

E19A3613-209A-442B-BA75-77B9E4D0BCE6.jpeg

All,

Thanks for making the 3rd Annual DecemBOAR a great success! It was a lot of fun and great to see so many killer boar brushes being used.

I will be drawing for a boar brush of the winner’s choice (€33-is or under Semogue, Zenith, Vie Long, etc.) tomorrow. All I need from the winner is a name and shipping address anywhere YourShaving ships (basically globally). Shipping included. Good luck all!

P.S. Please join us for BADGERary starting tomorrow If you are a badger brush user. Same deal as DecemBOAR, but badger brushes for all of January. Also, look for SYNTHtober in October 2023!

Cheers,

Brent

All,

Thanks for making the 3rd Annual DecemBOAR a great success! It was a lot of fun and great to see so many killer boar brushes being used.

I will be drawing for a boar brush of the winner’s choice (€33-is or under Semogue, Zenith, Vie Long, etc.) tomorrow. All I need from the winner is a name and shipping address anywhere YourShaving ships (basically globally). Shipping included. Good luck all!

P.S. Please join us for BADGERary starting tomorrow If you are a badger brush user. Same deal as DecemBOAR, but badger brushes for all of January. Also, look for SYNTHtober in October 2023!

Cheers,

Brent
Hey Brent, thanks for hosting! I, respectfully, would like to remove my name from the raffle!! I am attempting GRUYERE for 2023 and would not be able to take you up on your offer!! Good luck to those who remain 😃

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hey Brent, thanks for hosting! I, respectfully, would like to remove my name from the raffle!! I am attempting GRUYERE for 2023 and would not be able to take you up on your offer!! Good luck to those who remain 😃

Wait a minute, I admit that I don’t understand ‘restraints’ and that there are rules, but if you sign up in 2022 and win in 2023, does that count against 2023 or 2022? Just curious.

I know exactly what brushes I will use this December:

OMEGA #10049
OMEGA #10098
Semogue 1250
Semogue 620
Semogue 1305

Here they are

View attachment 1552692

Not pictured here is my Omega travel boar brush. Forgot the model.
Favorite are 49 and 1305.
Least favorite 1250 (too sparse) and 620 (too small).
Finished this challenge successfully. My two favorite boar brushes are OMEGA #10049 and 10098. 30 shaves later.
Happy New Year!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🎉 🥳 New Year's Eve 🥳 🎉
DecemBOAR 2022: 31 of 31 = 100%
20221231_154118~2.jpg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Canada Shave Soap
Aftershave: Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne Splash

Went 31 for 31 in DecemBOAR! :)

A huge shout out and Thank You to @SharpieB for putting this together! :)

The link below takes you to my Journal which has full notes for this shave and more:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12069778

Closed out shaving for the year with the little Omega 10077. Mothball smell still strong, so after shaving I shampooed it. Will continue to use it into FeBOARary, until smells more like shaving cream etc. Nice little brush, though.

Thanks to the host and all hog-worthy participants -- many good reports and ideas for possible future boar brushes!

Top Bottom