What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

homemade brush/Omega large knot
This one used to be my favorite boar brush but I’m not so sure anymore.
A17DF091-CFD6-441C-A58B-40A61D913339.jpeg

View attachment 1569606

9th December

Soap: Sitrling Barbershop
Razor Merkur 33C
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Semogue 2000
Post-Shave: Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + La Toja Classic ASB

So after 1 month after purchasing this beauty, and after 2 rough uses, I decided work it a bit more on the backstage before using it again, and it was the smart thing to do.
The brush improved quite a lot on every regard, and doesn't hog that much so far...The tips are softer, although isn't on pair with SOC, 830 and 1305 softness, not so far.
But don't get me wrong, due the high loft, the brush has a low/medium backbone, which could be good for some ocasions, and it seems fairly gently to the skin. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't impressed that much either.
This Stirling scent is just great, and one of the best scents for colder days. The vanilla and cookie hint takes me to the older barbershop that I went with my dad, dozens of times when I was a kid.
The performance isn't as good as B&M or PAA, but it's fairly good!

Overall, it as a 9/10 shave!

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!

PS: Tomorrow it will be a long day, due to World Cup quarter-finals, where my country will be facing Morocco, so I won't be shaving until there!
Congrats, my dear friend!
Unfortunately, my country has just been disqualified…
Tomorrow I will join you and will be rooting for your beautiful country.

Pra frente Portugal!
🇧🇷🇵🇹

Decemboar 9, today with a Zenith P2 boar brush, BBS, 10/10:

Razor: RR Superslant L2, new 5th use- figured out the optimum angle for me, which is quite steep
Blade: Nacet (3)
Lather: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Brush: Zenith P2 boar

Have a wonderful weekend!

PXL_20221209_193954701.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Decemboar 8th: Thäter boar, one of the greats at least until the knot falls apart. This one has been perfect so far and is a stellar brush, especilly since I bought it used and broken in for $35. Soap was MeC vetyver and Santa Maria Novella herbal water finished up. The razor was a Le Jaguar Pour Barbe Dure (for heavy beard).

Decemboar 9th: RazoRock olive handled boar (likely a Zenith), the razor was a R. Marchand, Paris, ‘Supreme Tranchant’ frameback for Frameback Friday. Software was Acqua di Parma.

2A417DBD-59BA-4A58-88E2-98BCD1FEBC0B.jpeg
2E7B09F9-0FF6-44B5-923D-BFF0ACB89E66.jpeg

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: GSB. This is the best pairing with the ERA for me so far.
Soap/cream: Fine Santal Absolut Classic soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm Neutrogena Hydro Boost Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid

EDP: Fabulous

Stately BBS
1305 brush.jpgfabulous.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, my dear friend!
Unfortunately, my country has just been disqualified…
Tomorrow I will join you and will be rooting for your beautiful country.

Pra frente Portugal!
🇧🇷🇵🇹

Man, what a crazy game it was! Honestly, I was a bit upset for how that game went at the end...Brazil deserved the semis, but as you know, the best team sometimes doesn't win.

Thanks for you kind words!

Vamos lá caralho! 🇵🇹 🇧🇷

Man, what a crazy game it was! Honestly, I was a bit upset for how that game went at the end...Brazil deserved the semis, but as you know, the best team sometimes doesn't win.

Thanks for you kind words!

Vamos lá caralho! 🇵🇹 🇧🇷
It’s true, man. You are completely right. You know, I am 64 and live in São Paulo, therefore I was blessed to have seen Pelé playing…

I really wish that Portugal wins this Cup.

Vamos lá caralho! 🇵🇹🇧🇷

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBOAR 2022
20221209_123526~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: German Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Zenith B24 Wenghe Wood Handle (24mm Boar Knot)
Bowl: Face Lathered
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Excellent shave! :cool:

Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12042722

DecemBOAR Shave 5

1670642956396.png

Back to the top of the rotation! My 5th DecemBOAR shave was with the 2014 B&B Essential Boar.

All four of my boar brushes are really new, so I realize any comparisons now are wildly premature. With all of them having 10 cycles or less, this Omega LE and the Semogue SOC are working the best right now. That being said, I'm pretty into the Omega Jade and the Zenith B33. I like the size of the handles and knots on those, and their general vibe.

I am really looking forward to them evolving from the thirsty brooms they are right now. Four new brushes might have been a bit much for one month, but I've been thinking. I know 2023 is the year of the Rabbit, but it might turn into the Year of the Boar for me. I could roll into next DecemBOAR with four bushy mushrooms!

Back to today shave, it was very nice shaving again with the B&B. Not only can it deliver plenty of lather for a 2nd pass already, the pre-split ends seem actually somewhat pre-split. I think the SOC is softer right now but these tips are getting there quickly. The handle is significantly smaller than the others, this is a lot of knot for this handle. It feels like a MR2 with a Corvette LT1 engine stuffed into it in comparison to the others. Comfortable to use, it pretty effortless and quick to build up a lather with this brush.

Facelathering with a stick as I am this month, this B&B brush seems designed by NASA engineers to do that job perfectly, it's just a pleasure to use. You members who designed this brush, THANK YOU! You nailed it.

Top Bottom