What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Omega 10072
Love it!

dec 09.jpg

I'm just blown away with this new Omega 10108...

This is how it looked right out of the box, yesterday at 1pm.

View attachment 1569264

After 8h of soaking cold water on the fridge, I cleaned it with some shampoo, and some towel rubbing...This is the result:

View attachment 1569265

I'm blown away about this really damn fast splitting tips!!! This will be a heck of a brush... :love-struck:

And right now, I just placed another order that will arrive next week, I guess, from the UK...Holy ****!

Thanks for this post, you enabled me. I bought the last two white ones from Connaught, I think they were just over £4 each.

Decemboar 9th.

Pre: Pears face wash
Razor: Gamechanger84-p Nacet(1)
Soap: B&M Seville
Brush: Semogue 1305
20221209_083335.jpg

Decided to give the .84 plate a run on 48hrs growth. Pretty well convinced it isnt for me. The .68sb feels much nicer and gives me nearly as close a shave. I suppose with more practice I could get better with the more aggressive/efficient razor, but honestly I am not sure it's worth it to me. Aaahhh decisions decisions.
The brush tho she is lovely, nice and soft. Haven't missed my synthetics at all.

Jay

Decemboar 9 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Florena Cream
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Jumper

The small little Omega 10075 is one of my favourite performing brushes I own. It has quite a low loft, 48mm and whilst it was new, it was very stiff and a little on the poky side but now that it has broken in it performs quite beautifully. My Omega boars with 55mm lofts can get a little floppy when they were fully broken in (or approach the 100 shave mark), but the 10075 seems to have kept it's shape reasonably well. It seems to be a brush that improves when it has been used for several shaves in a row, today it seemed to hold lather a lot better than it did a few days ago when it seemed to eat the lather for that day's particular shave.
Florena produces a nice lather, good cushion and fairly slick, and it sits on the skin reasonably well too. A good shave with the Personna Star razor and Gillette Winner Stainless, which isn't the sharpest blade I own but it's a decent enough performer.

Have a good Friday gents.

IMG_20221209_121812.jpg

On the 9th day of DecemBOAR my rotation gave to me…
A fantastic face lathering Omega Pro Boar (model 83?).

A great boar brush face lathering a tube cream is a great experience. My Omega and Mogno shaving cream provided super slick lather and enough for 3 passes, so I said why not.

Two WTG passes and an ATG pass with my GEM 1912 GEM Junior resulted in a super smooth and comfortable BBS shave.

A quick splash of Skin Bracer to seal the deal.

I’m departing for The Army Navy Game in a few hours. Go Navy Beat Army!!! So, I might be pressed for time posting this weekend. I’ll be shaving with a MMOC, Omega Pro 20108, and Arch Brito Lavanda. (No days off!)

Have a great weekend!
031A42AD-ADD0-425F-8EF2-B1783B7E9F8E.jpeg
F1903B2A-3450-412F-9976-D1B46822C07C.jpeg

GRUME...Still In 💪
DecemBOAR the 9th
Fatip Friday

An Italian Theme

PXL_20221209_140911212.jpg

Fatip Lo Storto Grande Gentile
Super Iridium SS (6)
Omega "Italian"
Proraso Sensitive cream and balm

After yesterday's memories from the 60's, I thought I would take things down a notch. This is the first time to use the Italian brush this month. It's big and was my introduction to the world of boars. There are a lot of fancy and newer soaps on the market but Proraso is dependable and gives excellent results with a hint of refreshing menthol.

And then @Guido75 mentioned Fatip Friday; I didn't know there was a thread but here I am with a slant razor. By habit, I use slant strokes and did the same with this razor. The result was in my new status as a DFSer.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Boar nine. This is a flat top boar from APShave.
Image7557016594914399210.jpg
It is about the floppiest brush imaginable. It would be worth perhaps trying again with this knot with it set much deeper. As it is I only use it during Decemboars and the only reason I don't toss it is because it's just as easy to leave it on the shelf. But it gets used so little that it's probably not even broken in.
Image5709382920158368499.jpg

8btn0AK.jpeg

9th December

Soap: Sitrling Barbershop
Razor Merkur 33C
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Semogue 2000
Post-Shave: Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + La Toja Classic ASB

So after 1 month after purchasing this beauty, and after 2 rough uses, I decided work it a bit more on the backstage before using it again, and it was the smart thing to do.
The brush improved quite a lot on every regard, and doesn't hog that much so far...The tips are softer, although isn't on pair with SOC, 830 and 1305 softness, not so far.
But don't get me wrong, due the high loft, the brush has a low/medium backbone, which could be good for some ocasions, and it seems fairly gently to the skin. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't impressed that much either.
This Stirling scent is just great, and one of the best scents for colder days. The vanilla and cookie hint takes me to the older barbershop that I went with my dad, dozens of times when I was a kid.
The performance isn't as good as B&M or PAA, but it's fairly good!

Overall, it as a 9/10 shave!

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!

PS: Tomorrow it will be a long day, due to World Cup quarter-finals, where my country will be facing Morocco, so I won't be shaving until there!

Why the hate?
This thing drives me crazy. At times it hogs lather like a sponge, at times it doesn’t at all.
Furthermore, I assume it might never break in totally, some bristles are still "spikey" if I swirl the knot around on my face... 60+ uses...
But I love the plush face feel of all the non-spikey bristles... and the handle is nothing short of stellar...
It's definitely a love/hate relationship.
But I'm continuing to teach this piggy who's the commander-in-chief in my den...

Well, perhaps... 🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom