What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Jambon’s Revenge (DecemBOAR 8th)(Late entry due to work commitments)

A new Omega Pro Boar 10049 attempted to disrupt my great lathers and shaves after a week of going hog wild.

Not so fast my friend, I brought out the big guns…ARKO and a Stainless Steel Wolfman WR2 1.35 SB.

Although the brush only had a few shaves on it, it exploded with lather and felt comfortable on my face. This 49 is going to be great, you really can’t go wrong with this Omega Pro.

The WR2 was flawless in performance, as always when I do my small part.

Finished a great shave with Captain’s Choice Italia aftershave.

Little piggy your loss is a huge victory for me and we’ll have a long and terrific partnership.
View attachment 1569219

This SOTD is the proof that not only expensive items can get the job done flawlessly...Congrats!

194F61C8-8405-4DBB-B041-377545FD706D.jpeg

Blackland Thursday / Unknown Gems Week / Discovery Blade PIF / DecemBoar

Pre: Topsy Blends Gold and Glowing Raw Honey Cleanser Foaming Face Wash

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D12)

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Citrus Musk
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Sticking with the current set of relevant shaving themes I opted for my Blackland Blackbird to accompany the Bengall I've been using so frequently.

I paired the Blackbird with the Eddison Super Stainless blade I've been so impressed with. I mean today's shave is the eleventh shave I've gotten out of it! This is a record for any blade I've used before. A definite (unknown) "gem" in my opinion.

Speaking of gems, I want to call attention to the Topsy Blends (pre-shave) face wash I used. I picked this up from a local aromatherapist at my local community market that sells many amazing essential oil products. This face wash is great though, with its components of organic castile soap, organic jojoba oil, organic raw honey, and 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils of tea tree, lavender, frankincense, and geranium, I had a very enjoyable time simply washing my face. Simple pleasures, right? If you're curious about their products go check out their online store.

I did my typical multi-pass shave, chasing that bbs finish. The Bengall has been serving me well for my initial couple/few passes. Switching to the Blackbird it did a superb job with the just-won't-quit Eddison blade.

The Phoenix Shaving Future Fiction soap performed amazingly as usual and the scent is to die for. I feel like if you've never tried Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements soaps before, Future Fiction has to be the first one you try. If you already like the brand, you have to have this one in your rotation.

After a wonderful shave, I splashed on some Pinaud Citrus Musk. It's unmistakably a Pinaud fragrance and one that I enjoy from time to time.

All in all, a great shave was had today. More gems to come...

Take care and shave on gentlemen.

I'm just blown away with this new Omega 10108...

This is how it looked right out of the box, yesterday at 1pm.

IMG_20221207_124313.jpg

After 8h of soaking cold water on the fridge, I cleaned it with some shampoo, and some towel rubbing...This is the result:

IMG_20221208_220933.jpg

I'm blown away about this really damn fast splitting tips!!! This will be a heck of a brush... :love-struck:

And right now, I just placed another order that will arrive next week, I guess, from the UK...Holy ****!

Brush: Semogue Hereditas 830
Lather: Hampshire Lanolin.

This is my first shave with this brush!
Since the start of the month however, it has been used for test lathers every day, and getting dried on the dehumidifier.

The lather was made in a bowl, and whipped up in the shower (my bathroom was cold)
But a side effect of this was to much water got into the bowl, and the lather was unstable. And way to gloopy.

There was also some catching on my neck, but I think I need to change my blade.

The brush is coming on well. Good for painting. Will be a fab face lather machine in the future. Little to know feedback with the nivea balm.

Have a good shave everyone!

Decemboar 8- this morning's shave was terrific, the brush used was an Omega Pro 20102 with the wood and metal handle, my favorite handle of the Pro line. Shave rating = BBS, 10/10:

Razor: RR Superslant L2, new 4th use- steepened the shave angle a bit more and got a better result
Blade: Nacet (2)- sharpened up some from yesterday
Lather: Noble Otter Neon Sun- very nice, protective lather
Brush: Omega Pro 20102
Post: cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, then some NO Neon Sun AS

May the boar be there for you :) , enjoy!

View attachment 1569200
Looking good. I absolutely love my Omega Pro Boar 20102 brush. It is a remarkable lather maker, and has such soft tips with good backbone.

I wish you many years of great shaves with your 20102.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I'm just blown away with this new Omega 10108...

This is how it looked right out of the box, yesterday at 1pm.

View attachment 1569264

After 8h of soaking cold water on the fridge, I cleaned it with some shampoo, and some towel rubbing...This is the result:

View attachment 1569265

I'm blown away about this really damn fast splitting tips!!! This will be a heck of a brush... :love-struck:

And right now, I just placed another order that will arrive next week, I guess, from the UK...Holy ****!
Used mine just the other day. A really good value priced brush. Bigger than what I normally use, but also inspiring me to consider another similarly large brush…Omega 49. Last year I purchased a few in Decemboar, being in the spirit of things. Might have to give the 49 a go?

This shave got totally out of hand, so I'm showing just the Mutt and Jeff boars.

4CF0948C-24A0-4755-85DC-64C5A6EC68C6.jpeg
98EB7D47-8AE1-429F-8493-FB5A5E0360D4.jpeg

The Whiting-Adams Vulcan barber handle brush is probably my oldest boar. I expected to re-knot it, but when I cleaned and sanitized the vintage knot I found that a tiny worm had lost both its home and its life. So I've kept the knot in tribute to natural critters in their natural fiber homes.

No sentiment for the Opal 10. That is a new knot lofted very low (42mm) for durable scrub.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBOAR 2022
Razor: Above The Tie Al/SS Mixed Metal SE1 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Omega 10081 Silver Beehive Handle (23mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:
20221208_142049~2.jpg
Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12041559

It's a bit denser than your favourite 10108 and the handle is full resin so it feels solid and substantive :D

I'm feeling tempted on it! You have noticed differences between what they claim to be the Premium boar knot and their regular Pure bristle?

Used mine just the other day. A really good value priced brush. Bigger than what I normally use, but also inspiring me to consider another similarly large brush…Omega 49. Last year I purchased a few in Decemboar, being in the spirit of things. Might have to give the 49 a go?

The Jade is somewhat on pair with Zeniths and Semogue Owners Club, when it comes to the price.
I don't feel the need to go over the 49 due to owning the, 48 Pro, which is pretty much the same thing as the 49 beside the chrome handle.

Top Bottom